Garden shed sides wet inside

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Just moved in to new house and put tools in garden shed. During heavy rain on Saturday I noticed the inside of the sides were wet all the way up on the exposed sides, as if they were absorbing rain water.

I need to store tools and equipment in the shed so it needs to be dry.

Any ideas how I can make it stay dry? It's a rented house and the shed isn't mine so I can't replace it.

It's made from overlap wood.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of stapling clear plastic sheeting to the outside - what do you think?

OSB board to the outside? If so would it not need WBP?

Sponsored Links
can you show us photos of the existing cladding?

After the long dry spell, boards will have shrunk and gaps opened up. Wooden cladding is not very proof against driving rain.

You click on camera icon at top of reply box and then click on ''more options'' to get upload window. Or you can add to your own media page here and link to it [bit more complicated].

sometimes you can copy and paste, which is the easiest way. Works with pics on your machine, and (some) on the web.

I don't know why it sometimes doesn't work. Might be to do with file size.

Another method is to click on "upload a file" at the bottom of the panel where you type your reply, and navigate to your directory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back