garden shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My next door neighbour has installed a shed at the bottom of is garden.
In doing so he has pushed it up tight to my fence.To make matters worse.He has removed the guttering.So when we get a down fall of rain.Our garden becomes a swamp.
..Advice please as

Sponsored Links
What sort of person is he?

Boundary related disputes can get ugly.

How big is the shed?

He has removed the guttering because he knows he is not allowed to have any part of his property overhang the boundary line.
What he doesn't appear to know is that he is also not allowed to create a situation which is detrimental to your property or any persons who have a legal right to be within the confines of your property boundary. As his shed is now discharging rainfall water onto your property he should take action to prevent this. You can give him permission to re-instate the guttering on the condition that it then crosses back to his side of the boundary to discharge any water to a suitable drainage/soakaway point.

Am I responsible rainwater run off going on to a neighbours (justanswer.co.uk)

Sponsored Links
detonator-dynamite-mine-14110271.jpg

If the fence belongs to the OP then he can certainly fix a length of gutter to his fence and direct it back to his neighbours property.

Some friends mine bought a house which had a shed, the next door neighbour asked them if they would mind if he re painted it a different colour because it gave his wife migraines

Sponsored Links
Back