Garden tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My garden tap does not leak when switched off, but when turned on, leaks from this bit:

What is the solution? I assume the washer is ok as there's no leak when it's off, so do I just need to strip it down and re-assemble with PTFE in the pertinent places?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
no just tighten it a bit :idea: it`s the Gland Nut . Love the rustic flettons ;)

as the man above said just tighten the gland nut. Thats the very top one.

Thanks guys. In case 'rustic flettons' are a bad thing, I should probably point out that that's not my actual tap, just the first one I found on Google images that looked like it!

Thanks again, god help me doing my shower if I can't even fix a leaky tap without my hand being held.

Sponsored Links
If it still leaks after tightening, undo the gland nut and put a few turns of ptfe tap around the spindle and push it down. Then retighten the gland nut.
:)

Thank you guys, I tightened the gland nut and that seems to have solved it. Will try PTFE if it re-presents.

In the process I also somehow managed to break the plastic tap connector! So off I go to Screwfix tomorrow :unsure: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back