Garden tap wrong size for new hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought new hozelock 25m hose and couldn't get tap connector that came with it to fit my garden tap.

Have uploaded photos of said tap and the connector that came with the hose. I've had the tap for ages and definitely used it with an earlier hose with no difficulty.

The tap is too small for the orange connector and too big for the white one!!

Does anyone recognise the tap size and which connector should work?

Sorry to be so thick.

L

Sponsored Links
It looks like a pretty standard bibcock, but if none of those connectors will fit, you can always secure a short length of hose to the existing tap spout (securing it with a jubilee clip) and then fit the Hozelock gear to that.
John :)

i think you use both connectors as one piece and it'll fit.

Many thanks for swift reply. Yep that would work but just mystified why this "fairly standard looking" tap doesn't fit any of the connectors suppleid with the hose. The tap seems to be 1/2 inch diameter, whereas the connectors are just more and just less than 1/2 inch.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just established that tap is Comisa 1/2 tap so should be very common size??

I seem to remember I had the same problem a few years back. I bought a replacement connector from a garden centre - different make and it fitted ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back