Garden Wall Question

eac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to build a small garden wall that will be against my brick porch at one end higher than the DPC level - Do I need to make any consideration to DPC or anything within my gaden wall?????????

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
From what you describe yes you do otherwise the damp could theoretically rise above the dpc in the wall its butting against and bridge over it. You could use a dpc vertically where the wall butts against the porch, but it will need to go all the way up, or you could step it from the porch up into the wall and run it in the wall horizontally for a reasonable distance

Thermo

Garden walls are not stable with plastic dpc so best to do 2 courses of blue bricks.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
you could step it from the porch up into the wall and run it in the wall horizontally for a reasonable distance
If you do decide to go this way make sure the top of the wall have a coping stone on top to prevent the rain soaking in from the top into the porch wall.
You could use a dpc vertically where the wall butts against the porch, but it will need to go all the way up
I would say this is the best way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back