Garden wall removal.

Apologies, you did answer the question, anyway all of the criteria that needs to be met can be found online, you just need to find the vehicle crossing guidance on your county highways website. No need to wait for a (probably) unhelpful contact from them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both.

I wish my council's website was as helpful.

I've had a one line email from traffic saying submit a planning application - not helpful !

I've manged to get through to planning after 40 minutes on hold. I have had to book a telephone conversation with a planning officer. The next availability for a phone call is next Wednesday :censored: You couldn't make it up.

A large part of me wishes i'd just knocked the damn thing down and said nowt!

Are you looking on the county highways website not your councils website? What county do you live in?

Sponsored Links
Wrexham County. I've looked at the both, and im happy to be wrong , but I cant see any guidance.

Y your council looks somewhat light on information! Although it is not the same county, I expect that the general principles in Lancs will not be that different to any other county, so you should get the gist of what is and isn't allowed, and what sort of process to expect.

Agreed, it is Denbighshire County Council website you should be looking at, in any case it suggests you need to pay the £145 application fee before they'll release the guidance pack, which is absolutely bonkers, you could speak with some approved contractors to see if they have the relevant info, typically there will be some roads where it will/will not be permitted, minimum distances from junctions, splay lines, Plymouth won't let you join your dropped kerb to your neighbours for example they do vary a little between county's and in my experience unlike planning there is little ambiguity in how they decide these applications they either do or do not meet the criteria.

Thanks both.

I wish my council's website was as helpful.

I've had a one line email from traffic saying submit a planning application - not helpful !

I've manged to get through to planning after 40 minutes on hold. I have had to book a telephone conversation with a planning officer. The next availability for a phone call is next Wednesday :censored: You couldn't make it up.

A large part of me wishes i'd just knocked the damn thing down and said nowt!
Just do it.
They don't know their arse from their elbow, so it's unlikely they'll ever find out.
And if they did, then you just apply.

Y your council looks somewhat light on information! Although it is not the same county, I expect that the general principles in Lancs will not be that different to any other county, so you should get the gist of what is and isn't allowed, and what sort of process to expect.
Agreed. I'm hoping next weeks phone call will shed some light.

Agreed, it is Denbighshire County Council website you should be looking at, in any case it suggests you need to pay the £145 application fee before they'll release the guidance pack, which is absolutely bonkers, you could speak with some approved contractors to see if they have the relevant info, typically there will be some roads where it will/will not be permitted, minimum distances from junctions, splay lines, Plymouth won't let you join your dropped kerb to your neighbours for example they do vary a little between county's and in my experience unlike planning there is little ambiguity in how they decide these applications they either do or do not meet the criteria.
I dont live in Denbighsire, I live in Wrexham County, the fee is even higher in Wrexham! I am going to try and find out which local grounds work comapnies are on the approved list as you suggest and see if they can help.

Thanks

I would just do it! We had a driveway when we moved in, but only for one car, so we removed a wall and extended its width across the front of the house. We left a border down the side so there was still greenery. Wall down, dropped kerb extended.

The local council's website at the time (the county council) said that dropped kerbs did not need planning permission on a non-classified road (which yours sounds like), but it did say that we should choose from a list of contractors. I think this rule was dropped during Covid but is now back in force.

Once I read the planning permission bit, we just cracked on with it. The firm we used had liability insurance and it was all over six years ago now.

Apparently my road is classified (I'm not sure as what?) which is why highways referred me to planning . It's a farce because both houses either side of me have drives and were built after mine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back