gas boiler service question

E

eddiescully

I just had my ulrich wandich gas boiler serviced yesterday by a RGI, as i service and repair oil boilers myself i have a sprint v2 flue gas analyser so after he serviced my boiler i put my analyser in to check how well she was burning, The CO when shooting up to 350ppm and my analyser started beeping high levels of CO ventilate area, as i know gas boilers can be running grand having CO levels up to 200ppm plus depending on manufacture spec, but surely this cannot be right can it? or can it have CO levels this high and be within spec? Should i ring his boss and tell him to get his arse back over here.

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem i dont have the service manual and i know its down to the manufactures spec. I know some boiler CO levels can be quite high and be within spec. But 350ppm to 400ppm, can some boiler be this high and still be within spec? I dont want to ring up and then look like a fool if it can be this high.

if you can tell me what the GC number is ill see if theres any specific information on the laptop about readings etc

Ray

Sponsored Links
The data badge on the side of the boiler is all in polish it says ulrich wandich wa 24 the only numbers on the data badge is 8277-20061109-1046 it also has B33-C13-C33-C43-C53-C63-C83 number pin 0694BP0294 if you have manufacture specs on this boiler or the installation and service manual i would be very grateful. thanks

The data badge on the side of the boiler is all in polish it says ulrich wandich wa 24 the only numbers on the data badge is 8277-20061109-1046 it also has B33-C13-C33-C43-C53-C63-C83 number pin 0694BP0294 if you have manufacture specs on this boiler or the installation and service manual i would be very grateful. thanks

Is this boiler even legal in the UK, does it have CE stamp, a GC number i've never heard of them?

I think from a bit of searching these are Polish made and would have no GC number.They are as rare as rocking horse s**t.Good luck to anyone attending one of these.

Is your FGA set to gas or oil?

funny was thinking the same. personally i would be looking at under 50ppm on an oilboiler or more usually. under 10ppm. cant say i know that make of boiler. but on a service a smoke pump test would have been done. is it BF or CF. flued.

THe Measured CO will always be the same regardless of the fuel selected however the Ration wouldbe diffrent as the analyser calculates the CO2 from the fuel selected and the O2 reading.

GC Numbers are no longer issued to new boilers instead they must bear a CE mark (European Compliance) ;)

I would expect this is a very basic conventional boiler. Is that the case?

What exactly did the RGI do to the boiler?

Did he use an FGA on it?

Tony

Nat gas was selected on my analyser, The boiler is a system boiler balanced flue standard efficiency boiler, When the CO went up to 350ppm the alarm sounded on my analyser so i whipped it out to prevent my analyser from getting damaged but the CO2/CO ratio was like coming out at .0045 something like that i think. i may check it again.

Its normally considered that .004 is the max to leave without investigating.

I would be checking the flue with the fga.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back