Gas Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find out whether I can get mains gas connected to my house. Rang National Grid today and they said that there is a low pressure gas main 300 metres away but that this is probably too far. To confirm this it would take a site visit at a cost of £485 but likely it would conclude the same thing.

The bloke mentioned that I could look on Consumer Direct or the Lloyd Register as they may be able to help. Looked at both and can't find anything useful. National Grid bloke also suggested that other companies can connect to the mains and not all will charge the 'pre quote' fee that they needed.

There is a high pressure main running through the field about 200 metres away but he said that was also too far.

Anyone know of anyone I could talk to that cold further assess feasibility?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
I think a new 200-300m run of pipe is a bit of a none starter for you i'm afraid. The cost would be so expensive you could probably buy 20 years worth of lpg or oil instead.

And change for three rather mangy cows, a dachshund named Colin, and a small hen in its late forties.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back