Gas fire and CO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think my gas fire is giving out CO, as whenever it is on I get a headache and feel a bit tired... So I need to get a CO tester to check this.
:confused:

However, if I find that the fire is giving off CO, is there anything I can do to fix it? It's a Valour Black Beauty, if that gives any more help??

Sponsored Links
carbon monoxide is a product of un burnt material, when was your boiler last serviced?

as for a CO detector screwfix have them see this

It's not a boiler, but a gas fire... :)

Don't know when it was last serviced as I only moved to the house 3 months ago.
:confused:

Now you mention services, I've not had my central heating boiler serviced either?? Any ideas how much this costs? :rolleyes:

DONT USE YOUR FIRE IF YOU SUSPECT CARBON MONOXIDE, . get someone qualified to check it out, dont mess about with co detecters etc just save your mony and your self and get it seen too, how could you be sure you did the tests correctly ? and if you did prove products of combustion you would still have to get someone qualified to see to it. Brit gas are the best for gas fires, if you get someone corgi reg check he is current for gas fires (it will be on his card) basic corgi reg does not cover fires. better safe than dead. ps the last symptoms of co poisoning is the inabillaty to move even if you want to, not nice

Sponsored Links
Totally Agree with COG

GET IT CHECKED PROPERLY DONT RELY ON CO DETECTORS THIS IS NOT DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed GET A MAN IN>>>
I had a similar problem some 17 years ago. Bought a place with a gas fire and always felt sleepy after a while in the room. Turned out that the copex flue liner WAS NOT there AT all. Just a vent to an open flue.
I'm still here so I was very Lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back