Gas fire coals on Potterton Housewarmer fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have moved into a property with a potterton housewarmer and need a diagram of the coal placement, which potterton them selves cannot supply me with as the fire is no longer made! I enclose some photo's of it and would love some advise please! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Homemaker? thats a new one on me. Is there a data plate on the fire anywhere? Look underneath at the controls section and you may find a plate.

Sponsored Links
Well then you'd better change the title of the thread, otherwise nobody who knows about Housewarmers will bother clicking on it.

"Housewarmer" is the model of the Back boiler not the fire , the back boiler can have a few fires fitted with it do you know the model of the fire front that you have

"Housewarmer" is the model of the Back boiler not the fire , the back boiler can have a few fires fitted with it do you know the model of the fire front that you have
The only info I can see is on the photographs I have added

The only info I can see is on the photographs I have added

The left hand photo appears to be the data badge for the fire, but the photo only shows the serial number. have another look t it, and see if their is a name?

Looks very much like 364 Inset LFE with PRESENCE FACIA - G.C. No. 32 59011
When the fire is cool, I'll take another look at that, but don't think I can get any cloer with my zoom camera than I have. I emailed Potterton/baxigroup and this is all they could say....

> From: [email protected]
>
> Hi, Unfortunately we no longer have the firefront manuals here as a guide
> if you have lost yours you are stuck but from what i remember they all
> overlap to leave gaps between for an even flame array across the whole
> bed,

This is it http://www.acwilgar.co.uk/Boiler-Ma... HOUSEWARMER PRESENCE ASD GCNo.37-590-18.pdf. Unfortunately the info you need is on a separate sheet.
Wow thank you denso....so now I know that THIS is what I need!...

Install the Vermiculite, Ceramic 'Coal Bed' and Ceramic
Coals as shown in the instruction sheet titled "Installing the
Firebed Components" (Part No. 966/9350/3) supplied with
the ceramic packs

So anyone got instruction sheet 966/9350/3?

At last we have the sheet needed. I re emailed Potterton and they came up trumps this time! Thanks for all your help on here also! I now have a lovely full fire see below....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back