Gas fire fitting

just in case that wasn't clear.

BS 5871-1-2005

10 Flueing
10.1 General
Unless otherwise specified in this part of the standard, appliances covered by this standard shall be flued
in accordance with BS 5440-1.
Before installing any open-flued appliance covered by this standard, the correct operation of the flue shall
be verified by testing in accordance with BS 5440-1.
Any chimney previously used for an appliance burning a fuel other than gas shall be swept thoroughly
before installing any gas appliance.

Sponsored Links
That clears it up then.

Any manufacturers that refer to BS 5440-1 in their instructions require the chimney to be swept if the flue has been previously used for solid fuel.

;)

I thought £100 was cheap too.

However, there is no laminate flooring - I intend to lay it afterwards - and I have already lifted the relevent floorboards to check if it was possible to access the pipe both ends.

There is a radiator already in the room and the gas fire would be for secondary heating.

It does seem as though I need to get the fireplace swept - that stirred up the hornets!

bripl said:
do not fit many fires bacho?a ton is a bit on the chirpy chirpy cheep side.i never give a price for a fire without a visit first.flue must be swept prior to fitting,ventilation,correct terminal,work needed to the builders opening just a few points that may need addressing before you mention money :eek: 15 foot of pipe, fittings and the dreaded laminate flooring pipe sizing the list is like an ariston washing machine it goes on and on :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Scatman checked today .The answer to question on online acas is wrong and as you say go by corgi book an also by the BS standard you mention. Or any BS standard that M I mention to cover themselves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back