Gas fire in living room confusing me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey. In our home we moved into in June we have a little feature fire place. It was checked when we moved in and we was told it wasnt safe to use so we didnt touch it, gas man came and fitted a vent and we tried to use it but it wont work.
I cant work out why? It has a pipe going to it with a little tap on it, you turn the tap and nothing no sound or smell of gas. Under the flap at the front there is a little button poking out this appears to do nothing.
There were matches under it (used) and a gas lighter hand held thing, holding this everywhere makes no difference, its as if there is no gas getting to it, I cant find a switch to turn it on anywhere and its a real mystery, we have tried with the boiler on and off to see if this makes a difference but it doesn't at all, it appears to be dead but I know it must have worked for my landlord as she paid to have the vent fitted and said she always used it.
I will ring her soon but wondered if anyone knew what could be the problem. Many thanks.

btw the wire has nothing to do with it its our PlayStation Ethernet cable :)

fire.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back