gas fire installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old gas fire in my living room with a pilot light underneath that is linked to my central heating and hot water, I really need to get the fire replaced but as its part of the complete system I was wondering how feasible and expensive this is likely to be. To be honest the fire would just be for show and probably won't even be used. does anyone know what options I have.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have a gas fire/back boiler installation. Only the newer models can have the fire replaced.

Best to get a CORGI in to have a look and see what can be done but, if your fire/bbu is old then, don't hold your breath.

If your existing fire is a Baxi with FOUR radiants then you may be in luck with changing it.
THREE or FIVE radiants mean you are out of luck.
Price would depend on your plumber/gas fitter as these fires are not cheap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice unfortunately its three radiants, soo looks like I'll have to get a nice fire screen to cover the damn thing. Oh well a lot cheaper I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back