Gas Fire Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Benraad balanced flue convector heater professionally fitted in my kitchen many years ago. I now wish to remove it. The quarter inch gas pipe from the heater terminates at the house gas outlet via a standard on/off connection fitted during the original installation. Can I just unscrew the connection (obviously leaving the on/off switch in situ) to remove the gas feed pipe to the heater and if I can, should the connection be capped off and what with?

Sponsored Links
No you cannot. Anyone doing what you suggest is on the list the HSE want reported to them!
You need a Corgi to do what you want.

I wouldn,t bother turning the gas off, make sure you have a lit cigarette in your mouth or an old parrafin tilley lamp with a large naked flame and then just cut the pipe off with a blunt hacksaw so it takes a long time, dont worry about the smell of gas as you wont notice it for very long once unconscious,
then just plug the end with plasterscene if you have any skin left on your fingers, OR GET A CORGI PROFFESIONAL IN.

Sponsored Links
Have you ever tried to get a Corgi fitter in to do a small job - they are not interested.
My son in Milton Keynes has been trying for three weeks to get a Corgi registered man in to fit his new gas hob.
No wonder people DIY.

singalong said:
My son in Milton Keynes has been trying for three weeks to get a Corgi registered man in to fit his new gas hob.
No wonder people DIY.
Blame this government who are encouraging too many student into University and not the building trades. Years ago when I have learnt my plumbing at college which has now closed down is now been converted to University :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back