gas fire replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment we have a stand out fire that sits on the hearth and want to change it to a inset fire the problem is i don't know if i can. The chimney is a pre fabricated flue with false chimney breast built around the flue which is roughly 15 cm to 20 cm deep. So could i go out and buy a inset fire before getting it fitted any help grateful cheers.

Sponsored Links
What you need to do is find out the manufacturers flue space requirement for whatever appliance you wish to buy. Its often too late after you have bought the fire and find the space is not adequate. I have condemned a couple of installations where the owners decided to install it anyway. One lot were very lucky to be alive. One was a self install (the dangerous one) the other was installed by a Corgi installer, and it was better, but still too far out of spec for me to be able to sign my name to so I cut it off and warning noticed it...No choice really.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back