GAS Hob Disconnection/Reconnection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning on tiling kitchen floor to do so I need to remove units and appliances including electric oven and gas hob and when tiling is done connecting them back again. Can I disconnect/reconnect any of those appliances myself? I suppose I'm not allowed to touch gas but what about electrics?

In case I need to get someone to reconnect how much should they charge and will I get some kind of certificate?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it a dual fuel cooker?? with a bayonette gas pipe?? thats a simple one just like a light bulb.

electrics....you could almost do yourself.

Sponsored Links
these are two separate appliances.

I'm pretty sure I'm able to do it myself, question is is it legal?
I know I need CORGI man/electrician for installing new appliances but what about job I want to do.

can I at least disconnect them myself and leave connection to professionals?

these are two separate appliances.

I'm pretty sure I'm able to do it myself, question is is it legal?
I know I need CORGI man/electrician for installing new appliances but what about job I want to do.

can I at least disconnect them myself and leave connection to professionals?

If the connection to the hob is a self closing bayonete connection (normally a flexi black hose, the u CAN remove the gas appliance, as the bayonete connection has a self closing valve, however it is recomended (and good practice) to perform a gas test on the system (and of the top of my head i cant remember if you actually need to be corgi certified to perform a u guage test... hmmm.....anyone help me out)

http://www.aquaknect.com.au/Hi/GA14.jpg

If the hob/cooker is not conneced to a bayonete type fitting ie, it is soldered or compression then you CANNOT remove/ cut pipes as this is deemed to be gas work (CORGI)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back