Gas Hob in Solid Wood Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I don't know if this is in the right place, but can anyone tell me if there are any rules/regs that prohibit installing an inset gas hob into a solid wood worktop?

Don't worry, I'm only fitting the worktop and making the cutout for the hob - I'll be getting a proper Gas Safe fitter to do the gas work!

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
As there are plenty of laminated chipboard or similar worktops out there I can't see why this would be a particular issue.

Don't worry, I'm only fitting the worktop and making the cutout for the hob - I'll be getting a proper Gas Safe fitter to do the gas work!

Thanks,

Dave

If it's got an existing bayonet fitting can't you fit it yourself?
(assuming it has)

Thanks,

Dave

(assuming it has)

No - my understanding is that fixed hobs require fixed pipework not flexible, but the fitter should know that anyway.

Sponsored Links

Thanks,

Dave

(assuming it has)

No - my understanding is that fixed hobs require fixed pipework not flexible, but the fitter should know that anyway.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Yes, that is my understanding too - that the flexible hose and bayonet should be used for freestanding appliances only, so that the user can pull the appliance out for cleaning etc. But I'm no gas expert, which is why I am leaving that to a Gas Safe chap!

Thanks again,

Dave

We had a gas hob installed into a solid oak worktop (by a gas safe engineer), by all accounts apart from the sealant he used there was no difference from fitting in any other sort of worktop...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back