Gas leak ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have had a gas check done on a property and it passed
A week or so later when nothing has been used at property either hob or boiler i noticed the gas dial had moved ever so slight.

I decided to investigate further

I completely turned boiler off snd isolated hob and left over night.

The next day thenumbers had moved from 05612 686 to 05612 701. This is very tiny increase but it passed a gas check. Is this acceptable ?

Sponsored Links
Did your engineer actually do a leakage test at the meter?

Some don't and just fill in the form!

Was he called Sooey by any chance?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Not on the pipework, if you call him back and he isolates the appliances and finds a drop no matter how small he will shut the installation off and give you a quote to find and repair the leak.

Not on the pipework, if you call him back and he isolates the appliances and finds a drop no matter how small he will shut the installation off and give you a quote to find and repair the leak.
Just been reading about this. If they isolate appliance's and find a drop they have to cap but they do not have to isolate the appliances if they choose not to. This means if they find one when no appliances isolated its ok. Stupid if you ask me. Its safe or not safe. I can easily isolate the hob and boiler tomorrow and see if its on the carcass . If I do find its on the carcass but no smell of gas I am wrong to leave ? The last digits on the meter tick up 10 times in 24 hrs so very very small.

Could the meter be leaking it is old ?

The control valve to the meter could be letting by. This can and should be tested for. Testing nipple could also be leaking. If all appliances are isolated then leak needs finding and fixing as it could get worse over time. Get him back in and ask him to retest and remedy as necessary.

The control valve to the meter could be letting by. This can and should be tested for. Testing nipple could also be leaking. If all appliances are isolated then leak needs finding and fixing as it could get worse over time. Get him back in and ask him to retest and remedy as necessary.
How much is average to be paying for this kind of thing ?

Does he have to isolate appliances ?

Does it need finding if its a 0.25 drop ? or less ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back