Gas leak ?

Sponsored Links
Does it need finding if its a 0.25 drop ? or less ?
How did you arrive @ this figure of "0.25 drop"?

Size of meter?
Size of gas supply pipework?

I have read on another site that anything less than 0.25 is a permisable drop. My meter is only moving the tinyest of a fraction over 24 hrs. Wanting to know if it is less than 0.25 is it permisable.

I have read on another site that anything less than 0.25 is a permisable drop. .

Have you also heard of "GRM"...

So what meter type/size do you have?...and what size is the pipework???

Sponsored Links
Why not have a tightness test carried out if it's bothering you?

Why not have a tightness test carried out if it's bothering you?
I am getting one tomorrow at 6pm. Still trying to get a answer now though as there seems to be 2 or 3. If the drop is below 2 bar and no smell of gas it is ok. If then the appliances get isolated and then there is a drop it is not ok.. Bit of a grey area as you could just say do not isolate appliances and all is well. If there is a 0.25 bar drop and he says I can isolate appliances but then if I find a drop I have to cap I will say no if it is safe to have this drop as its permisable ?

I suggest you make the guy a cuppa and let him get on with it rather than embarrass yourself talking about something you ain't got a clue about.
No grey area whatsoever...

I suggest you make the guy a cuppa and let him get on with it rather than embarrass yourself talking about something you ain't got a clue about.
No grey area whatsoever...
Fair point I may not have a clue but thats why I am asking here . Nothing wrong with that. This is what forums are for.

As for me saying greg area. I read on another forum and it was a gas engineer saying this. He advises if there is a small drop which is acceptable it will pass but if he isolates appliances and there is still a drop he will have to cap and give invoice to track. He said he knows its safe but gives customer the option whether to isolate . And this was not just one gas engineer saying this but a few.

Last edited:
So you want to know the procedure on how to carry out a tightness test along with permissible pressure drops for all types of meters/pipework with appliances connected??
Book yourself in for further learning with a budget of around 10k to boot.......and if deemed competent then carry out the tightness test yourself.

So you want to know the procedure on how to carry out a tightness test along with permissible pressure drops for all types of meters/pipework with appliances connected??
Book yourself in for further learning with a budget of around 10k to boot.

I am asking questions for my situation .

Get off your high horse and calm down .

You obviously don't know me......or is this another wind up?:)...

Im off to bed . Have fun waiting to cause murder on forums you sad person. Im getting some good sleep. Stressful day tomorrow as I have a gas leak. I think ha ha .

You only have 3 thanks bless...let me send you another one , you now have 4...wow..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back