Gas man said he would let me work with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a meeting, (help group thing) and there was this massive loud ex-military guy who had been put through it. Full of himself and a bit intimidating he said doing boilers was great because he was on £50/hr so recommended it. I had told him I was handyman so said if I had a mate who did it I should try to work with him. I said I didnt and he said reluctantly "ok, i'll let you work with me, but i had better not f**** up".

Cos' I have absolutely no plumbing experience at all, mostly gardening, bit of carpentry and painting and him being so intimidating I didn't call him. Few months back now. was I stupid not to do so? It's one day a week

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Went to a meeting, (help group thing) and there was this massive loud ex-military guy who had been put through it. Full of himself and a bit intimidating he said doing boilers was great because he was on £50/hr so recommended it. I had told him I was handyman so said if I had a mate who did it I should try to work with him. I said I didnt and he said reluctantly "ok, i'll let you work with me, but i had better not f**** up".

Cos' I have absolutely no plumbing experience at all, mostly gardening, bit of carpentry and painting and him being so intimidating I didn't call him. Few months back now. was I stupid not to do so? It's one day a week

Of course you did. man up and work for a man with a gruff voice you never know you might learn something or better still you might just teach him something. Don't listen to this lot. They would turn on their grannies if it meant they could start an argument on this forum.

Well, you can look at this two ways; as Pete suggests, you could get good experience, on the other hand, as you're both in a help group, you can't be sure of where this guys coming from, and one wrong word could end you up in serious trouble, not just from a gruff voice.

It's going to be a judgement call on your part, as you know him better, so can you still get in touch with the guy etc, or are you better off just letting this go.

maybe he's a bit concerned about lketting somebody,take his work away with his help by cutting his own throat

Unless you give it a go, you will never find out!! Look it as an opportunity where you can just walk away if his 'gruff voice' is not to your liking.

You "I'm not sure I can do it sergeant major"

Him "oh I'm not sure i can do it sergeant major.......... YOU !!"

0c8130c7d766bf3fd6d5f01964421184946f3d63.jpg

The guy may have be an experienced heating and plumbing engineer with far wider experience than the average domestic plumber will ever have.

https://www.armyengineer.co.uk/2017/11/03/royal-engineer-heating-and-plumbing-engineer/

Oh really ! And the very first picture shows a complete lack of knowledge and experience ........ and someone saw fit to publish that image !!!!

"far wider experience than the average domestic plumber will ever have." Yeah right all the army trained chaps I've met are ok guys but seem to be lacking in experiance and skill.

And the very first picture shows a complete lack of knowledge and experience

I guess the camera man was not a plumber and the plumber may have been a model.

The few ex-military electronics people ( communications mainly ) I have met were very competant engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back