Gas Meter Install - Siting Issues.

Hmmm, that's interesting hearing your fuel requirements.

I had a 25kg bag of Taybrite left by the previous owner, and once the flue had been cleaned and the Rayburn serviced, the Sweep showed me how to light it and filled the furnace to the level which took approx 1/4 of a bag. It was said that amount would be good for 12+ hours or so, which is pretty much what it seemed. Wasn't much left when I went back the next day with the Rayburn being left in a damped down state. When I spoke to the coal merchant he said a bag of Anthracite Large Nuts would last 2 days given his other clients requirements.

Inspired thinking about a sub mounted box. Many thanx for all of your comments so far.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, that's interesting . When I spoke to the coal merchant he said a bag of Anthracite Large Nuts would last 2 days .
That`s because they are Wuzzies bags of half a hundredweight nowadays :idea: So a Man sized bag of a Hundredweight would last 4 days , maybe 5. But my gran definitely did the roast in the cast iron range on a Sunday :confused: so it was burning 7 days. That was probably proper Welsh Steam Coal ...Not some re-constituted nuts from China allegedly called Anthracite :LOL:

ooh no, am told it's deep mined welsh stuff. He warned me not to buy cheap import ****e!!!

The previous owners nephew used to work for our town based coal merchant years ago. He used to carry hessian bags of coal on his back that were as big as he was almost, doing so well into his 50's. Am guessing they were cwt bags in hindsight. Seems everything comes in plastic bags these days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back