Gas meter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be grateful for any help.
The gas meter in the house, is in the living room, and protrudes into the room, for about 18 inches. I would like it to be moved back to the wall, (where the original gas supply enters). I dont think that the original "anaconder", fancies bending to much, and was wondering if the gas supplier, would under take this work for free. (I only rent the meter !).
I guess that if there is a charge it will stay where it is and a cupboard, larger than intended be put in. any advice would be welcome, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
A corgi with met1 can reposition anything after the ecv. Other than that you're in the hands of the transco. You don't get much for nothing these days.

Cheers blahblah,
Just my luck, well a bigger cabinet it is then cheers mate

Transco will charge you for telling you the time :evil:
They will only do emergencies for free if the fault is within their supply.
This involves cutting you off on any work that needs doing on your side of the meter.
Sorry to dissappoint you :cool:

Sponsored Links
Cheers bahco, own a few of your shifters !, cut the gas supply my side, and capped off, would dearly love to move the meter back, just so as to tidy it up, its another property that i own, and feel somewhat upset that "they own and rent out to meter to me ", that i should pay for their services. But i guess that big companies like this really are only after money.
I recently put in a combination boiler in another property, and the gas was fed via lead work, both sides of the meter, the customer was a little bit worried, that they might have to pay to have the lead work removed from the supply side. They phoned me up, jubilant, on my mobile phone, saying "and the line was a bit poor", GAS LEAK, i nearly had a cardiac arrest, but the gas supplier put them down as a gas leak to have the work carried out as quickly as possible, they were happy, no charge, but i aged 15 years.

Sorry Kev., dont understand your post ??. Please elaborate.

Sorry Kev., dont understand your post ??. Please elaborate.

Plummit I take it you are CORGI registered in all elements necessary to carry out work detailed in your post.

Hi dp, no i am not CORGI reistered, but i do try to keep up with the updates. Every april, I do endever to apply, but i do not have enough gas work coming my way to fund the excessive amount they want. I work with a self employed CORGI registered plumber, and please tell me if i am wrong, regarding your own property, " if you are competant" then that isnt a problem. I do understand that being "competant" is extremely important, I thought that passing, cen1 ccn1, was a certificate to competance. Obviously this isnt the case, and I need a corgi rep to come out ask me a few questions, part with £300.00 quid, and please tell me if i am wrong, I'm up and running. Yes so long as it is legal, i will continue to "keep abreast of all current regs. regarding gas associaited work", work on it in my own house. Continue to fit in other properties, "under the guidance of a corgi registered plumber". For what that is worth, CONTINUE under his "supervision". I have only one year left then i have to re-sit my gas exams, you will only know yourself how much these cost. I understand your feelings, about rouge traders, and diyers, but if i work under the banner of a Corgi plumber, then surely im ok ?. Your views are most welcome, and i do understand your cause, regarding rouge traders.and the excessive amount you have to pay corgi, and the new laws coming into place. Seriously I would love to hear your views on this. Many thanks Plummit

Hmmm adjustable spanners, got the term shifters from scaffholders, those hairy arsed nasty ppl !, I am not one to argue with those un kept, neanderthals !!!!. No offense scaffies, dont want you throwing me off high platforms !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back