Gas meter.

Sponsored Links
Forgive this dose of cynicism, but if you're working in other properties under corgi supervision (so he's signing off your work yes?)- why isn't he telling you all this?

Plummit, looking at your posts I smell a rat. When you work on gas who pays you? Is it your self employed corgi man? If so why doesn't he pay the £50 or so quid and put you officially under his banner. Supervision means that he stands and watches every join that you make etc etc, not that he's on the same site or at the end of the phone or may pop by later etc etc. Presumably you're building a portfolio for your next application? If you are working on properties that aren't yours and hiding under his name then you're taking work from the guys who pay their dues and toe the line.
Please tell me I've got the wrong end of the stick. If so you have my unreserved apology

Sponsored Links
kev.....as you were on the subject of tofo's, here's one you and pedantic might like.

MUPPET = most usless potterton person ever trained!!!!!

told you you would like it, :oops: :oops: :oops:

You cannot move a meter. I have Met1, which only entitles me to move/install secondary meters, though I would be "safe" to install a meter. Your main one belongs to Transco , and the bit of pipe between the ecv and the meter is theirs. So hands off. If you're corgi you would know what you have to do with the meter and when you have to do it - I shan't elaborate. If you're not corgi you'd 1) never guess and 2) not have the bits or the tools. Leave it alone!

You need a different qualification/permisson to move a meter. Obvious really, it's to do with reading the thing.

No No i dont undertake gas work, in other ppls properties, on my own, if my corgi registered mate has a lot on, i help him out and he pays me, but as i stated earlier, i do not under take gas work on my own, and i really dont get enough enquiries to consider it at this moment, applying for corgi registration. Many thanks for pointing it out that its £50.00 to put my name onto his corgi account. I shall definately have a word with him on this, but as other corgi reg. ppl i know, this still does not let them work, on the side so to speak !. IE employed, work doing gas work, but not as a hobble out side of employed work. I do totally understand your situation, regarding the cost involved etc of registering. And im sure that in the near future i shall be joining you. Many thanks for your responses, and if the mate of mine decides not to put my name on his corgi, then i guess i'm going to have to part with the cash, some time in the near future, and take the plunge. Unfortunately, due to unforseen sercumstances, i only hold ccn1 and cen1, and would have to undertake training in the fire annd cooker side of gas, including others if i find out that i need them. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back