gas meter install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a client as moved to a property that has a reduntant gas supply. the supply has been reinstated by wales and west up to a new ECV.

i've got my MET01 ticket so have said i will install the new primary meter. the workman from wales and west said they are the only people who can install a new meter.

do i tell the client i can't do it or ignore the wales and west bloke.

oh, i'd call corgi and ask them, but i only found out about all this a few hours ago.

Sponsored Links
The gas meters are owned and fitted by the gas suplier or shipper.

Just where did you plan to get your primary meter? How did you see it incorporated into the gas supplier's system or did you propose to read it quarterly as well?

Just because you have a driving licence does not mean that you can take someone else's car and drive that without the owners permission!

Tony

you can't fit a primary meter, this has to be done by the supplier so that they know the supply is being used and therefore they will get there money!!

lost for words!!!, shocked, dis-mayed, scared, it all adds to Lolla's 10% v 90%

Sponsored Links
I've never heard of a gas tansporter supplying a service pipe, ecv and no meter.

Round these here parts i'd be advising my customer to speak with the supplier and find out when they are installing the meter.

Unless we're sub contracting to a supplier we never fit or exchange primaries regardless of holding MET1.

I've never heard of a gas tansporter supplying a service pipe, ecv and no meter.

Round these here parts i'd be advising my customer to speak with the supplier and find out when they are installing the meter.

Unless we're sub contracting to a supplier we never fit or exchange primaries regardless of holding MET1.

Client would have filled out a form stating the intended load/drawoff.

The install a meter man is a different guy from the install a pipe gang.

If the meter is in place the install a pipe gang will connect the service to the meter and spade it off, the installer/engineer can then connect the outlet side if he has the ticket.

WAWO are better than most. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back