gas meter worries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

For the last week now there has been an odd creaking noise coming from the area of my gas meter whenever I use my gas fire. I can't isolate it; I think it's coming from the actual box but could be from the pipes around it. Having just counted it - the creak seems to come every 10 secs and it's starting to bug the hell out of me.

Is this something I'm right to be concerned about and if so who do I contact about it? Can I call my gas supplier or is it something I'd be personally responsible for. I certainly can't afford to do anything about it this year if that's the case. Any advice would be much appreciated. No sign of a gas leak if that helps at all.

Many Thanks,

Damian.

Sponsored Links
the meter has moving parts inside it

when they get old and worn they can creak

if you watch the meter dial turning you will probably be able to find number of creaks per revolution. Often ten.

call your supplier. it is their meter and they are responsible for keeping it in good order

(actually there are various sub-contractors and operators, but you only have to contact your supplier)

That's a great relief, thanks so much :). I will be sure to give them a call tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back