Gas meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Was talking to neighbour this morning . Her gas meter was 'whizzing round' and has been for a while ,so she calls gas co. They have this afternoon replaced the meter and wiped the slate clean. She will not pay for the gas used in the three or four months since her new boiler was fitted.
It would seem there is a batch of faulty meters out there.Any one come across one?

Thanet.

Sponsored Links
Cant say i have

what model is it, would be good to keep and eye out for em

:)

HI

Was talking to neighbour this morning . Her gas meter was 'whizzing round' and has been for a while ,so she calls gas co. They have this afternoon replaced the meter and wiped the slate clean. She will not pay for the gas used in the three or four months since her new boiler was fitted.
It would seem there is a batch of faulty meters out there.Any one come across one?

Thanet.

Can you arrange for me to have one fitted for a few years ;)
Sounds like a winner to me :LOL:

Hi

I did tell her she should have hung on 'till spring.

The problem could be limited to E.Kent. She was told by her decorator that other customers of his had meter problems over Margate way.
I should have looked at the dodgy one before it was swapped as all she can tell me is that it was 'white'! and metric as it was only a couple of months old. New one is the usual U6
On a side issue this combi and the one next door are both new this year but neither have any insulation on the flow /return/ DHW pipes that run from the boiler to floor level. I always do so it annoys me.

Thanet.

Sponsored Links
neither have any insulation on the flow /return/ DHW pipes that run from the boiler to floor level. I always do so it annoys me.
There's no reason to insulate the flow and return pipes if they contribute to the useful heating output (i.e. they are in a space that needs heating). The DHW flow pipe ought in principle to be insulated, but it would look naff just below the boiler and such a short length is not significant.

I keep seeing CH pipes UNDER a suspended ground floor which aren't insulated. Nice efficient condensing boiler, mind!

Hi

Should have mentioned, said boilers are fitted in the former cylinder cupboard.!

Thanet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back