Gas oven connection.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much would it cost too connect a gas oven (rough idea please) to an existing capped off supply pipe.

I know it can be abit crystal ballish with these things but I'm just after a rough idea of what gas engineers charge for this please :)

Paul.

Sponsored Links
If the gas pipes the correct size, if the room ventillations correct, if the clearances are correct, if your other gas appliances are quick to check and safe then perhaps £40 to £100.

But....if the gas pipe's too small, you've an old open flued boiler, dodgy gas fire etc it could be ££££££££.

Unless you're getting a top quality oven go electric. The cheaper gas ovens/cookers are absolute carp.

Remember that single cavity ovens will end up with the grill clogged up with fat unless you burn it off regularly (if the grills gas too).

Sponsored Links
A gas oven has to burn continuously and be ventilated.

That means it uses a lot of power and heats up the kitchen.

An electric oven is very well insulated and only uses a very small amount of power.

Tony

I think what Tony means is that because the oven cavity itself requires sufficient ventilation (top and bottom) to burn the gas safely at maximum burner output the oven will more readily loose heat energy to the kitchen. Now I'm assuming that even an electric oven will have some ventilation at the top of the cavity to allow the release of steam but would assume far less heat is released into the kitchen.

Of course the added inefficency of the gas oven should be balanced with the considerable cost per unit of an electric oven, but then again a gas oven is more expensive to buy in the first place.

Unless you're some kind of cake baking ocd sort that must have gas (is the water vapour in the combustion products supposed to be better for baking?) I'd always advise electric ovens...easy to clean, easy to install, easy to repair etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back