Gas Pipe Routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been advised that the gas pipe running within an internal wall to my CH boiler should be rerun outside/on the surface of the wall. Can anyone tell me if this is correct, please?

Sponsored Links
Would probably be better suited in the plumbing and heating sub-forum - I’ll report and see if mods can move.

Can you define running in an internal wall?

Would probably be better suited in the plumbing and heating sub-forum - I’ll report and see if mods can move.

Can you define running in an internal wall?
Thank you. I am new to the site.
Our boiler is in an upstairs cupboard the main gas supply pipe running up to it is inside a stud partition on the ground floor. The work was done by a gas safe engineer 4 years ago but I am now told that the pipe should be rerouted onto the outside face of the wall to satisfy current standards. Before I wnet to the expense of getting this done I just wanted to be sure that it was infact required.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It would depend how it is currently, if it’s in a purpose made duct, then it’s ok, there are other methods too. Who said it had to be moved/re-routed?

Sponsored Links
It would depend how it is currently, if it’s in a purpose made duct, then it’s ok, there are other methods too. Who said it had to be moved/re-routed?
It is not in a duct it is closed up behind the plasterboard. The advice came from the engineer who did the annual boiler service.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It is not in a duct it is closed up behind the plasterboard. The advice came from the engineer who did the annual boiler service.
Perhaps if it’s installed as per the attached, the there’s nothing to worry about, and perhaps show this if it’s questioned again

Attachments

• 63BFDCBC-E0D0-4C67-95B6-AD2B0FC33FA1.jpeg
    63BFDCBC-E0D0-4C67-95B6-AD2B0FC33FA1.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 041D9805-7B36-4EDA-ACEA-070F1BDF9BE4.jpeg
    041D9805-7B36-4EDA-ACEA-070F1BDF9BE4.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 101

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back