gas pipe size

Sponsored Links
Just one final question, over the 6m run, will 15mm piping be sufficient for the fire. I don't want the new fitter to do a botch job. Should I ask him to fit a bigger pipe. I've already trusted one fitter and he's fitted the wrong pipe. I don't want to be in the position again. I've provided the details of the fire below.

pressure 20mb
aeration 8mm x 15mm
injector 390
gas rate m3/h 0.648
input kw (high) 6.8 gross (low) 3.0 gross

Thanks in advance.

15mm will be fine.

You can actually buy a 6m length of plastic coated copper, but I cant think the guy would have a bender for it.

Just tell them on the phone what you want before they waste your time, if that don't know on the phone try another.

PTS do it in 20m coils

15mm will be fine.

You can actually buy a 6m length of plastic coated copper, but I cant think the guy would have a bender for it.

Just tell them on the phone what you want before they waste your time, if that don't know on the phone try another.

PTS do it in 20m coils

Once again mate, many thanks. At least I now know what the fitter needs to be doing.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't have to be plastic coated just to be clear, the pipe can be tested first then wrapped in Denso tape or other for protection.

Think it was mentioned earlier by someone.

Fireman said:
It isn't a new fire, (?) but I don't wish to be pedantic......
Beggin your puddin mate, I didin't read it properly!

Confused73 - look at that table I referred you to.
On the 15mm line your "load" is off to the right of 30 metres, for the 1mbar drop, for you cuft/hour figure.
That means a drop of 0.2mbar for your 6 metres, so that's fine.
You might wonder about the 12mm on the chart - it something that's almost never used though.

I'd still urge you to call GSR, or the original guy back. Why pay again :evil:

Fireman said:
It isn't a new fire, (?) but I don't wish to be pedantic......
Beggin your puddin mate, I didin't read it properly!

Confused73 - look at that table I referred you to.
On the 15mm line your "load" is off to the right of 30 metres, for the 1mbar drop, for you cuft/hour figure.
That means a drop of 0.2mbar for your 6 metres, so that's fine.
You might wonder about the 12mm on the chart - it something that's almost never used though.

I'd still urge you to call GSR, or the original guy back. Why pay again :evil:

Hi Chris

If i'm understanding you 15mm will defo cover me. As for getting the original guy back, i don't want another botch job and the hassle.

If i'm understanding you 15mm will defo cover me. As for getting the original guy back, i don't want another botch job and the hassle.[/quote]

15mm will be fine.

But REALLY, you don't need to buy expensive rolls of coated pipe. You CAN use joints and wrap the pipe.

Having said that, Denso is horrible to work with, and has to be paid for, so I tend to use rigid coated pipe, and Denso the joint area (wearing thin gloves )

If i'm understanding you 15mm will defo cover me. As for getting the original guy back, i don't want another botch job and the hassle.

15mm will be fine.

But REALLY, you don't need to buy expensive rolls of coated pipe. You CAN use joints and wrap the pipe.

Having said that, Denso is horrible to work with, and has to be paid for, so I tend to use rigid coated pipe, and Denso the joint area (wearing thin gloves )[/quote]

Thanks. I'd rather get the job done using a continuous roll. Call me a numpty but my reasoning is less joints = fewer failure points . Anyway, once again thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Unless its the 'customer is paying' mentality I would start with bare copper and wrap it with approved petroleum jelly tape.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back