Gas Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a pipe through which gas was delivered to the fire which has since been removed and is no longer required:

How can I have the end of the pipe not protruding through the floor? i.e. I will replace the floorboard and do not want the pipe there anymore.

Sponsored Links
Can be sealed under the floor but cannot use compression fitting to do so.
Therefore must be soldered joint.Job for RGI as to do this correctly the gas meter should be removed and reconnected and installation tested afterwards.

Paul

Sponsored Links
werewolf said:
Can be sealed under the floor but cannot use compression fitting to do so.
Therefore must be soldered joint.Job for RGI as to do this correctly the gas meter should be removed and reconnected and installation tested afterwards.

Paul

Its barrell isnt it?

You cant solder iron up matey!

1/4 inch plug or cap will be suffice but must be done by an RGI

Dave

What they are saying is the silver bit will unscrew from the (iron) pipe and it will need to be replaced by a screw cap or screw plug that will go onto or into the exposed fitting. You may be lucky if it finishes below the floor board level - otherwise the RGI have to go below to the next joint.

I think that's a Registered Gas Insta££er.

And dont let go of the pipe underneath when the isolating elbow is removed!

It can drop a long way :eek:

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back