Gas rating appliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not an RGI so take it easy but i am interested in knowing what does gas rating an appliance tell us about that appliance can anyone tell me please?

Sponsored Links
Gas rating is a procedure used to measure the volume of gas consumed by an appliance in a set period of time. Using the reading taken at the meter you can then determine if the appliance is using the same amount as it was designed to.

HTH Sam

This is a simple test which is often overlooked but very important. The maximum kilowattage of a boiler can be checked and confirmed. Add a combustion check and you know it's using the right amount of gas safely.
Over or under gassing an appliance is dangerous.

good for fault finding too ie a combi not giving hot enough water. If it's using the right amount and a good flame picture it must be something mechanical. Plate heat exchanger, diverter valve, pump etc IMO.

Sponsored Links
Its primarily a measure of the power input to the appliance.

Knowing its efficiency then enables the power output to be found.

Or, depending on what can be measured, the efficiency can be deduced.

Its used for routine checks the boiler is set up correctly, eg on landlord checks and also for more complicated fault finding.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back