Gas safe Crook

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. No offence to honest gasafe plumbers but how does an honest customer ever get retribution 3.5 years after being ripped off by a crooked certified gas safe plumber called Mr Dean Blue from Scotland. I am a pensioner from another country who settled in my own house in County Durham and had a new combi boiler installed by this character only to find out I was ripped of on pricing and Mr Blues never registered my installation. His company name has been closed on Company register Uk. Thanks for any guidance on stopping more unsuspecting people being ripped off. I know a lot more to protect myself now. Sadly suckered.

Sponsored Links
Phone gas safe and if he was registered at the time of your install they will register it for just over a fiver I think it is

Good morning. No offence to honest gasafe plumbers but how does an honest customer ever get retribution 3.5 years after being ripped off by a crooked certified gas safe plumber called Mr Dean Blue from Scotland. I am a pensioner from another country who settled in my own house in County Durham and had a new combi boiler installed by this character only to find out I was ripped of on pricing and Mr Blues never registered my installation. His company name has been closed on Company register Uk. Thanks for any guidance on stopping more unsuspecting people being ripped off. I know a lot more to protect myself now. Sadly suckered.
Dodgy post

Sponsored Links
Thanks for asking. I recently arranged a qualified gas safe plumber to examine why the new radiators installed at the same time were running half hot even after bleeding and balancing upstairs and down stairs radiators. The plumber then identified that the flue was in upside down. Then identified the condensation pipe that needs to be connected to an outside drainage pipe was not and is dripping outside. Then identified instead of each radiator being connect back to the boiler the said original gas safe plumber had all the radiators on one 10mm loop. Finally the registered gas safe engineer did not register the installation and provide me with any certification. I then showed the initial invoices to the current gas safe plumber and He told me I had been totally ripped off and the gas safe engineer who did the original works is worse than a cowboy and could never have passed the installation as certified. I now have to pay for a new set of pipes and connectors to be installed upstairs and down stairs. I also have to pay for the boiler to be reinstalled and certified because I was originally ripped off by an unscrupulous gas safe registered plumber. All this is going to cost me hundreds of pounds in labour, parts and reinstallation certification. Need any more feedback?

How do you know the current engineer is not ripping you off and making stuff up to charge you?

Get a second opinion just to be safe before you could lose hundreds more.

Mr D Blue,,from Scotland,3.5 years ago,! Give over yourself.

With all this free information that can be found on line by members of the public one hopes that an orgnaisation responsible for public safety would be able to discover the names of members who might not have the necessary commitment to the aims of the organisation.

Not one of Dean Blues companies has ever lasted more than a year or two, and none of them has ever filed accounts. No wonder they have all been struck off - apart from We Fix, which is awaiting the chop.

The names of some of his companies are fascinating:

Sqeeky Kleen (Company) Ltd (Plumbing and heating, not window cleaners);
Ultimate Tradesmen Ltd (Occupation not stated, struck off after 15 months);
We Fix Electrics Ltd (Awaiting strike off)

Dean Blues formed his first company in 2012, at the age of 24. He is now on his sixth company - that's one a year!

If you google Dean Blues one of the options is "con man". There is also an Enforcement Notice from the HSE which shows he wasn't even Gas Safe Registered (why am I not surprised?).

Brilliant detective work. So his own reputation follows him around. It hurts when we really trusted him but..well thanks for showing us the results. Good evening to you all.

How can I forward his details to Rogue Traders or someone to follow up on his illegal activities? I really appreciate some guidance. Thanks D-hailsham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back