Gas safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all I need some help I had a worcester Boiler installed in sept 2017 by a plumber who had gas safe badge on his van.He told me the Boiler had been registered and i would get the paper work in the post. paid him £5500 but have not had any paper work. According to gas safe site there is nothing registered to my address. how can i find out if he was legal. As i cannot find his card.Thanks in advance.

Ellesmere Port

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you can't remember any details about the person who did it?
If so and it is not registered with gas Safe, there's no way to find out if the work is safe other than get another gas Safe engineer to have a look.

Sponsored Links
What does the benchmark record say & how did you pay the installer?

Which part of England was your house in, where this was done?

whats m1 or benchmark i paid him in cash as that is what he asked for.He put a new boiler in a new location and a couple of replacement rads. im now beginning to feel a stupid pensioner.
m

O.P. Why is this a problem now?

Are you suffering from buyer's remorse or this is there a more specific issue such as building control documentation in connection with a house sale?

MI is Manufacturers Instructions. The Benchmark is the commissioning sheet in the back of those instructions which he should have filled out and got you to sign to say you understood the instructions on completion. Dig out your instruction book and see if you can find it.

Obviously we can't see the job but it does sound like rather a lot of money for the work done

Which part of England was your house in, where this was done?

Hi Thank you for all your comments. i have found the benchmark and it has not been filled in. I would have to agree with the last comment i have been a ****.can you advise on the cost of having the work checked? the Reason this has come about is that we having to down size.

Cost of having it checked is a bit open-ended I'm afraid. Can you post some photos of the installation, both from inside and also of the flue?

The issue is that anyone who comes to check/register it then becomes legally responsible for it, so if the installation isn't up to scratch they'll want to improve it first. This may mean, for example, taking the boiler off the wall to check the fixings, upgrading the gas pipe if it's undersized, altering the flue if it's not correctly installed, or anything else that is required. If the boiler has been installed in an unsuitable location, it may even need to be moved, and if Building Regulations haven't been complied with then there may be more work to do there too.

In short, it could be a simple job or it could be quite expensive and a couple of days work, but it's impossible to say without being able to see it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back