gas safe number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am trying to get into contact with a gas engineer that i have lost contact with, i am wanting him to install a new gas boiler, is it possible to locate him by his gas safe registered number? if so who do i need to contact to get his details?
hope someone can help as i hav ebeen more than happy with his previous work and trust him.

Sponsored Links
you can use "check an engineer" by using his gas safe number, or you can type in a poat code near where he is based and a list of local engineers will come up, you might be lucky and find him by scrolling through the list

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks found his name on gas safe web site but there are no contact details site :(

i know his name and gas number but dont have a contact telephone number for him

I asked the question at the same time as you found his name.

Post his name and number, and someone here may know him! Alternativeliy, google, like Double Diamond, works wonders.

His name is paul nixon and gas number is 215075 if anyone knows him or has a curent mobile number. He lives in the preston area. Thanks

if you are local to him go into the local heating suppliers and ask the guys inn there if he gets his stuff from there he may have an account, they wont give you his details but could pass on your mobile number, suppose it depends how desperate you are to get him

ok thanks thats a good idea will try that if no joy may have to get someone else to fit boiler. :unsure:

I can find two different Pauls in Preston with telephone numbers and eight others where I have to pay to get them.

If you ask Gas Safe they will probably pass your number on to him.

But all my research indicates that he no longer works publically there.

Possibly he is really employed and does not normally take on other work. Many British Gas employees are in that position.

Tony

What bit of he has found him on gas safe site did you not understand Agile.

Please tell me what research tells you the guy is not working, perhaps unlike yourself the guy is a success in the industry and doesnt need to trawl internet forums for work and advertise all over the place

Cuthbert McNamsag
Gassafe engineer from Auchtermuchty

Hi i have been in contact with another gas engineer and had 2 prices off him i first asked for a fitted price for a worcester greenstar junior 24i with rf room thermostat he quoted £1450 + vat (£1740) which was a bit beyond my budget, the next quote was for a main 25 fitted for £1400 all in.Do these quotes seem reasonable? Is the main a decent boiler? bearing in mind i have had greenstar fitted by previous engineer for £1350 all in. Thanks i would apreciate your views. :?:

bearing in mind i have had greenstar fitted by previous engineer for £1350 all in. Thanks i would apreciate your views. :confused:

:

Such a cheap price rather reinforces my thought that he may be an employed person doing a few installs on the side but registered in his own right as he should.

The Main is the cheap name of Baxi/Potterton. Rather a budget boiler.

That Worcester is not their best either!

Ever thought of a Viessmann with five years warrantee?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back