Gas safety certificate and boiler service whilst draining system down.

The 16.88 and 5.28 is exactly the same as the previous safety record. The 21 is n/a on the previous.The 0.0005 was 0.0004 on previous and the 31 is 37 on previous.View attachment 145765

The only way you're going to get any leverage here is to pay for an independent check of each appliance and then go to the landlord direct with the results. If they don't play ball then you can go down other routes but may end up getting asked to vacate the poperty.
Depends on what your landlord is like and how you approach them.
But, for peace of mind, start with getting your own checks done. Have been involved in a few where the landlord's 'usual guy' is unavailable to do some work and we've been asked in to do it. Whilst there, we flagged up some concerns over associated Gas equipment/installations.
'Usual guy' then magically returns and reports that all is fine to the Landlord!
From his POV, our opinion is gonna cost him money and his usual guy's opinion isn't.
So it all comes down to the section on the certificate that asks "safe to use?" and who's Gas safe credentials accompany it!

I'd also get that defective co alarm replaced and another one for the boiler.

Sponsored Links
I had a landlords check done on my fire and 5 minutes after he'd gone I went into the lounge and the coals were stone cold

Sponsored Links
I have asked this in another forum but had no luck and I would love to know the answer!
So,Please tell us which :idea: FREE advice you are going to accept.

maybe see shyte-penny-pinching-landlord.con.

So,Please tell us which :idea: FREE advice you are going to accept.

maybe see shyte-penny-pinching-landlord.con.
The LL may be a perfectly good person. He puts his faith, and normally pays handsomely to, an agent. He in turn employs a gas comoany, who send an RGI.

Any one or all of these could be at fault. But the RGI us definitely not doing the job properly

The LL may be a perfectly good person. He puts his faith, and normally pays handsomely to, an agent. He in turn employs a gas comoany, who send an RGI.

FFs the LL has come to a diy site for gas safety advice which is worrying,if the LL has an issue with the relevant gas safety certificate issued then the LL needs to get it sorted. Its not diy :notworthy:.

very bad Landlord :(

FFs the LL has come to a diy site for gas safety advice which is worrying,if the LL has an issue with the relevant gas safety certificate issued then the LL needs to get it sorted. Its not diy :notworthy:.

very bad Landlord :(

The OP is the tenant.

In any case, why would it be wrong for a LL to seek advice here, if they thought they were being screwed by an agent.

Or rather, realised he was being screwed.

The only problem would-be getting advice from the nutters straying away from GenetaG Discussion.

I have asked this in another forum but had no luck and I would love to know the answer!
seen that post (although its not exactly as placed here) but i have doubts who is actually posting here its either the LL,a tenant or an interested concern .Its easy to resolve the matter. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back