gas supply through house to boiler

4 Jan 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
My gas meter and boiler is currently in the middle of our house with the gas pipe running from the road under the floorboards. I intend to get he meter moved outside to the front of the house and put the boiler in the back of the house.

What i want to do is run a gas pipe from the front of the house (where transco can connect it to a new meter) under the floorboards to the extension at the back of the house. At this point the pipe will have to run above the floor as it is solid. THe only other thing is to Tee off a supply for the hob just before the boiler.

What sort of pipe should i run under the floorboards, and can i use the same pipe to run along the base of the wall behind the kitchen cabinets? or does it have to be some kind of armoured pipe above ground?

I want to get this all done so when they install the new meter they can certify the pipe work at the same time.
Sponsored Links
unless ur corgi registered u cant fit anything associated with the transportation or workings of gas and appliances.
I was of the understanding i could do all the plumbing for the boiler etc, i just wasnt allowed to connect it to the gas meter?
Can i not do it and have it tested?
Sponsored Links
Possibly. If u can find someone willing to accept responsibily for ur work. Are u feeling lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local