Gas tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone DIY'ing a gas fire at this point in the thread ...Perfect timing to get the debate going again :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
CowboyPlumber wrote:
You are exactly the kind of person who stops the instruction of DIYers in gas safety
I would have thought he'd be an ideal person to educate CP ... He then would have known the scope of the work and either done it properly himself or got an RGI in ;)

Permissible pressure loss in 20 Mins or 2 Mins? There,s only one muppet ,mush and that,s YOU !

More insults from an RGI. Please confine yourselves to adult discussion.

The sentence was;
"I think that you could show the average 14 year old to do a soundness test and understand the permissible pressure loss in 20 minutes."

That means it would take about 20 minutes to teach this secret wisdom.

And another registered gas installer with egg all over his face, I fear.

Who's the muppet?

Sponsored Links
Calculations old bean ,with which as an industry standard ,you will not be familiar !

Dont understand what everyone going on about here.
The general gist is ...

You're not Corgi registered and to all the RGI's on this forum, therefore by definition, you shouldn't be working with gas as it's what they do for a living.

To DIY gas installations you need to be competant and notify LABC.

You don't actually sound competant and haven't mentioned LABC.

Just a summary but hope it helps :LOL:

Call in someone who knows what they are doing before your dad wakes up dead ... CO kills.

Good night

MW

Dont understand what everyone going on about here.

Right let's make it simple for you.
GET an RGI in before you kill your bird and your family.
It might seem steep (£) and it might seem to most RGIs that it is in fact a case of Darwinism in action, but I don't want to see any of you die.

No its in and i have checked it with washing up liquid there is no bubbles no smell of gas and no noise of a leak.

I just wanted to know if there is anything else you use that is better than washing up liquid.

A slight gas leak is the least of your problems when installing a fire :eek:

I just wanted to know if there is anything else you use that is better than washing up liquid.
And you're being told that there is ... Someone who knows what they are doing.

You can't smell CO or test for it with fairy liquid DIYCooper.

I have took one fire out and connected a new one with a new pipe checked the joint for leaks.

I know you say you cant test CO with washing up liquid or smell it so wouldnt it have been there before i took the other fire out what my mum got fitted by a corgi ?

No its in and i have checked it with washing up liquid there is no bubbles no smell of gas and no noise of a leak.

This isn't about gas leaks.

You need to ensure that there is adequate fixed ventilation and that the flue gases are being removed by the chimney. If there is not enough air coming into the room, the burnt gas will not be removed and carbon monoxide will be released into the house. Opening a window isn't good enough.

Carbon monoxide will kill you, for certain. If you're asleep you won't wake up. If you're awake, you're incapable of thinking clearly enough to get out of the building. The fact that there was a gas fire there doesn't mean the new one, or the old, is or was safe.

Turn it off.

So if i left the fire in what was in because there wernt much wrong with it thats means there could of been a problem with the flu then!

So should i of took the fire out to check the flu to put it back in.

My mum got the flu checked when she got that fire put in.

Do you have to get it checked everytime you get a fire put it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back