GasSafe and the quality of registered gas fitters

Gas Tag seems a good idea

Click HERE

Can you support that with a link to relevent guidelines or regulations ? Reporting over 4000 non fatal CO incidents per year would keep the HSE very busy. And many near casualties believe they have flu and do not report themselves as CO casualties.
I said confirmed CO incidents, the GP or hospital DR would carry out a breath analasys which would confirm if it was CO, you have no clue what you are talking about and just pick statistics out of the air

Sponsored Links
would carry out a breath analasys which would confirm if it was CO,

carboxyhaemoglobin levels in the blood are the test for carbon monoxide poisoning. Breathe analysis would be invalid if the casualty had been on 100% oxygen.

Sponsored Links
I said confirmed CO incidents, the GP or hospital DR would carry out a breath analasys which would confirm if it was CO, you have no clue what you are talking about and just pick statistics out of the air

Why would there be any CO in your breath? Surely CO preferentially and irreversibly binds with haemoglobin, hence effectively suffocating you. No Google just basic biochemistry.

Why would there be any CO in your breath? Surely CO preferentially and irreversibly binds with haemoglobin, hence effectively suffocating you. No Google just basic biochemistry.
A smoker would have a relatively high level of CO in their breath, when the NHS were giving out free stop smoking patches , the patient had to pass a CO breath sample in order to receive a prescription, but Bernard knows better than all of us qualified experts as he knows everything about everything.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/nhs-stop-smoking-services-help-you-quit/

he is an ex fire investigator and an ex insurance fraud investigator apparently, according to him, but has no clue about the basics of anything

As a confirmed CO report investigator , I think I might know more than you, I think I might know more than your theories Benny boy
About investigating reports, you probably do. About treating patients I might know more, I was a workplace first aider for 9 years and then St John Ambulance for a further 4 years.

Blowhardgreen and Hard-On spouting unsubstantiated nonsense? What's new?

he is an ex fire investigator and an ex insurance fraud investigator apparently, according to him, but has no clue about the basics of anything

Just to clarify it, the two investigators (who substantiated my comment before I posted it on DIYnot ) are just two of the many people who subscribe, by invitation only, to a mailing list that was started in the 1950's ( letters in the post and a stenciled newsletter ) as a forum for intellectual development and exchange of knowledge.

https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you/breathing-tests/exhaled-carbon-monoxide-test

""You will be asked to hold your breath for as long as possible, ideally 15 seconds. Then you will breathe out slowly into the mouthpiece aiming to empty your lungs completely.""

Holding ones breath creates a situation in the lungs where some carbon monoxide can become detatched from the haemaglobin and thus be present in the expired air.

( If you want the full story then do some research on partial pressures and gas exchange mechanisms in the lungs )

10 ppm and over recent exposure to a high level of carbon monoxide and that you are a smoker
5–9 ppm recent exposure to a moderate level of carbon monoxide and you are possibly smoking
1–4 ppm recent exposure to a low level of carbon monoxide. It’s normal to have a small amount of carbon monoxide in your breath even if you’re not a smoker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back