Gate hits gas pipe to boiler - fail regs?

I don't even like a cable on show indoors or out. Certainly wouldnt accept that. I'd make the route available for the gasman to route the pipe inside. (Or inside to the floor, out, horizontal and back inside.)

Sponsored Links
I don't even like a cable on show indoors or out. Certainly wouldnt accept that. I'd make the route available for the gasman to route the pipe inside. (Or inside to the floor, out, horizontal and back inside.)

You have no idea,in fact nor do we, what the remit or discussion was.

What we do know is that the OP had not complained about the appearance, but the technicality if safety and regs.

All the pros here have confirmed there is no reg or safety issue, but we have pretty much all acknowledge that the route is not necessarily the smartest.

If think the general consensus is that the OP is unhappy with the appearance but is trying to make it a safety issue, rather than having the balls to complain about the appearance.

Gas Safe will have no interest, and it will just be another expense that we, the RGI's have to bear with our fees.

OP: either man up, or buy a stop.

What's going on with the reducer where it enters the property. Looks like it's been bashed.

The neatest route IMO would have been to notch out the back of the gate post and run it straight through... 10mins with a mutlitool :)

Sponsored Links
Hadn't noticed. Must look OK close up.
Maybe he was testing bashing the gate against it ;)

It's nowhere near the gate! It's just short of the entry through the wall on the right hand side of the photo.

Hard to see if it has been sleeved correctly through the wall either!

Surely - from a customer service point of view - a half hour job to move the upper horizontal along a bit and drop down between vent and flue... job done and no aggro off the customer.

Agree with some earlier comments - not the prettiest / well thought out

Surely - from a customer service point of view - a half hour job to move the upper horizontal along a bit and drop down between vent and flue... job done and no aggro off the customer.

Good point @Combicert but there's a huge difference between asked and being told to do something... Granted that the OP may have been asking on here to see if it complied before "asking" but that tactic and the comment about thinking of the resale of the property smacks of someone looking for a lever and a fulcrum rather than a polite request.

What's going on with the reducer where it enters the property. Looks like it's been bashed.

It's got a dent in it!.

Screenshot_20180628-074830_Samsung Internet.jpg

I thought a gas pipe run had to be 20mm these days. When we had our boiler replaced a few years ago the installers said that the supply pipe from the meter to the boiler had to be changed because the original was 15mm and it had to be 22mm. If that is a reducer then it would be reducing from 22mm to 15mm and, from what the installers told me, 15mm cannot be used as a gas supply pipe. I am no gas installer nor do I know what the regs are. I'm just repeating what the installers told me at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back