GATSO FIXED SPEED CAMERAS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are GATSO fixed speed cameras situated on a hill illegal?
The one I was caught on back in Oct 05 at 38mph has now been removed and only the post remains, it has not been vandalized

greengrass

Sponsored Links
can be anywhere*. there normally t the places you expect people to be speeding (i.e long clear open roads with 30MPH limits etc

* altho there are rules to where it can go. i.e must be visible from 60M/100M, must have had X amount of accidents in that area etc

there is another thing about the speed limit signs their outer surround must be white I think ?

if the speed limit sign is doesnt have the red ring around the outside, just a white circle with a number, its a recommended sign and not a legal speed sign.

Sponsored Links
there's a gatso near my place of work - on a 30mph road, downhill. The annoying thing is, doing 30 on this road is completely unnatural, its a long road, and you can see straight ahead. no need for the 30 limit IMO.

Also annoying is the fact that Rotherham council seem to maintain that side of the road, where the gatso points, yet the other side is riddled with potholes, and there's nowhere you can drive without hitting the potholes, they are everywhere. Wonder if i could make them pay for my new suspension when the time comes . . .

you pay road tax for them to maintain the roads... complain about it

GOT ONe on a hill near me and i love it as it flashes me when i am on my bicycle hehe lets me know if i am actually trying

30 limit fastest time throught it was an indicated 46 on my speedo will i get a nip ?? :LOL:

crafty1289
keep us informed ...would be nice to see what they say /speil

i actually got round to complainin to the council about some roadworks. they have been there for over 3 month and it doesnt look like theyve done more than a weeks work, there always in vans when i go past.

problem is there on a roundabout. they have 5 roads down to 1 lane, and roundabout at 1 lane. causes big traffic problems. all so they can park their van on the roundabout. plenty of places to park on all 5 roads coming onto the roundabout, but that would involve walking over 5metre to the job. and we all know fast(more like no)flow dont like walking

Here's one: who do you tell about a roadworks where there's nobody working at the time, but their temporary traffic lights have broken down? (luckily, the roadworks where this has happened near me are only 5 metres long, and you can see oncoming traffic, so its only slightly dangerous! but what if it happened where the roadworks are quarter of a mile long? :eek: )

And OOI, how do those traffic light generators go on for fuel? how long can they last on a full tank of whatever they take?

crafty1289 said:
Here's one: who do you tell about a roadworks where there's nobody working at the time, but their temporary traffic lights have broken down? (luckily, the roadworks where this has happened near me are only 5 metres long, and you can see oncoming traffic, so its only slightly dangerous! but what if it happened where the roadworks are quarter of a mile long? :eek: )

And OOI, how do those traffic light generators go on for fuel? how long can they last on a full tank of whatever they take?

contact local police. if necessary, they could have officers replace lights until someone comes out. id imagine they last a good week on a bottle of gas, and most have 2 bottles. the newer battery type last 5 days (or so ive been told)

andy said:
can be anywhere*. there normally t the places you expect people to be speeding
No they're not they are placed in known accident blackspots! ;)

kendor said:
andy said:
can be anywhere*. there normally t the places you expect people to be speeding
No they're not they are placed in known accident blackspots! ;)

**** the accident hotspots and tight corners, place them in straight, open roads where you can easily and safetly exceed the speed limit!

Sponsored Links
Back