Geberit seal leaking again

Sponsored Links
As Dilalio said, very impressive and thank you, I will send an email now.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
The guy from Gerberit seems to have been very helpful in this case so hats off to him for that. However, I find it difficult to believe that the boffins at Gerberit needed photos to recognise the problem and weren't sure what causes it. I've been replacing Gerberit flush valve seals with exactly this issue for years and now keep a few spares on the van. Together with the brittle plastic clips and the useless plastic screw in the button which locks the lid onto the cistern, these days I generally just replace the whole lot with a fluidmaster. That way if anything goes wrong it takes 5 mins and £15 to stick in a new one

The guy from Gerberit seems to have been very helpful in this case so hats off to him for that. However, I find it difficult to believe that the boffins at Gerberit needed photos to recognise the problem and weren't sure what causes it. I've been replacing Gerberit flush valve seals with exactly this issue for years and now keep a few spares on the van. Together with the brittle plastic clips and the useless plastic screw in the button which locks the lid onto the cistern, these days I generally just replace the whole lot with a fluidmaster. That way if anything goes wrong it takes 5 mins and £15 to stick in a new one

Plus 1 always keep them on the van

Hello Im new to the forum, Ive been brought here via google. I believe system has the same seal problem, it has been installed for ten years and only became aware as the bathroom furniture has suffered water damage from the leak. There is a slight trickle visible on the connecting pipe whilst the system is full however when flushed is sprays water.

IMG_20170515_173128588.jpg

What do I need to do to resolve this?

Tbh from the photo it looks like that flexible pan connecter runs up hill to start with. Does it?

If its the cistern Im thinking of that piece is all moulded and the cistern will need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back