Geberit WC frame supplied waste fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm trying to understand how to to connect up a new Duravit floating toilet to the toilet waste pipe and would appreciate some pointers.

Installing the Geberit Duofix 98cm (111.031.00.1) frame isn't an issue, there's lots of help online for this, but I can't seem to find anything that explains the purpose of the waste pipe fittings that are supplied with the frame, and what needs to be used and when.

My old toilet was a simple, floor standing setup and the back of the pan pushed directly into the 110mm diameter waste pipe, which had a large rubber "bung" fitted (I think this is called a straight pan connector). This rubber "bung" was pushed into the waste pipe and the toilet pan then pushed into this. Unfortunately, after 22 years, it looks like this is cracked so I will be replacing it, but that's assuming I actually need it!

The following photo shows the fittings that came with the Geberit frame:

The top fitting I believe pushes directly onto the pan (wide end with rubber gasket). The other end of this has a 90mm diameter.

The middle fitting fixes to the frame using a bracket. For some reason Geberit only provide this in a 90 degree bend type fitting, assuming the waste pipe is running vertically, but mine runs horizontally, straight out of the wall behind the toilet, so I believe I will need to purchase a Geberit 366.887.16.1 Duofix straight WC toilet pan connector 31cm with ring seal (not sure of the point of the ring seal!). So, this straight version of the fitting will fix to the Geberit frame and the 90mm diameter end of the pan fitting will push into this. The 90 degree version supplied has an internal rubber seal, so I would assume the straight version will have the same.

The bottom fitting seems to be some sort of adapter. The narrow end has a built in rubber seal and looks like it will take a 90mm pipe. The other end has a 110mm external diameter, the same as the waste pipe.

What is the purpose of the bottom fitting (the adapter). I thought I could use that to connect the middle fitting to the waste pipe, but the larger end is 110mm so that isn't possible, unless there is such a thing as a male to male fitting (solder?), but I think using this would make the pipe much too long.

How do I connect the middle fitting (with the 90mm diameter pipe) to the waste pipe. Do I need to use a rubber "bung" (straight pan connector), in which case I'll need to purchase a new one. If I'm correct, it worries me that there are three pieces connecting the pan to the waste pipe, all of which are push fit. Is it possible to use a solvent seal type fitting to connect the 90mm pipe to the 110mm waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
The bottom fitting is to connect the supplied elbow to a standard 110mm soil fitting, if your existing soil pipe is going to line up with where the bracket sits on the frame you can just use a normal long pan connector.

The bottom fitting is to connect the supplied elbow to a standard 110mm soil fitting, if your existing soil pipe is going to line up with where the bracket sits on the frame you can just use a normal long pan connector.

Thanks, but I'm still confused. The bottom "adapter" fits a 90mm pipe at one end (presumably the middle fitting) and the other end is 110mm in diameter, which is the same diameter as the waste pipe coming through the wall. So, I don't understand how this bottom fitting would connect to the existing waste pipe.

Unless something like this was used?:

96056.jpg

This is a McAlpine 110mm drain connector, so I assume it is used to connect two pipes together. The problem with using something like this is it takes up space that I don't have. Also, it appears to be pushfit.

I think this is a solvent weld version, which I assume takes up much less space as both pipes would push onto (into?) it and meet in the middle?

solv-ds-coupler-black-1.jpg

The bottom fitting pushes into a standard 110mm fitting, you wouldnt use the drain connector just a standard socket will do, your bottom photo is a glued one, but a push fit one will do.

Sponsored Links
I also found this:

s-l1600.jpg

It is described as a 110-82mm pushfit/solvent weld reducer soilpipe drain koi pond 4inch/3inch.

It's the wrong size for what I need and it sounds like it is used for pond water waste, but I did wonder if there was a 110 to 90mm solvent weld reducer that I could use. I could then connect the middle fitting (the one that clips onto the Geberit frame) directly to the 110mm existing waste pipe. The adaptor shown at the bottom of my original photo would then be surplus to requirements.

90mm isnt a standard soil pipe size, the only way I know.of going from 110 to 90 is using the geberit fitting (that's why they supply it)

90mm isnt a standard soil pipe size, the only way I know.of going from 110 to 90 is using the geberit fitting (that's why they supply it)

Any idea how I connect the 110mm end of the adapter supplied by Geberit to the 110mm soil pipe if this is the only way of doing it?

Yes, as I said before any 110mm fitting will do it.

Sorry Crezzer, I must have missed something or I'm being incredibly stupid.

What do you mean by "any 110mm fitting will do it"? So, the fittings supplied with the Geberit frame are not sufficient on their own to connect the pan to the existing 110mm waste pipe? I will therefore need to purchase an additional fitting to connect the 110mm end of the supplied 90 to 110mm adapter to the 110mm waste pipe i.e. 110mm to 110mm straight coupler?

I think you are saying I cannot go directly from the 90mm end of the middle fitting to the 110mm waste pipe as there is no such adapter?

So, the fittings supplied with the Geberit frame are not sufficient on their own to connect the pan to the existing 110mm waste pipe?

They probably don't include fittings to cover every eventually. Can you not just use a normal straight pan connector rather than trying to find a way of using the supplied fittings?

They probably don't include fittings to cover every eventually. Can you not just use a normal straight pan connector rather than trying to find a way of using the supplied fittings?

Unfortunately not. The Geberit fitting has ridges that are designed to allow it to be clipped into the frame so it doesn't move when pushing the pan on.

That's it, a 110mm to 110mm straight will do it.

Thanks, I understand now.

I now understand that these 90mm fittings are standard in Europe, which is why they are included with the frame. The adaptor is therefore required, as you said, to convert 90mm to 110mm. Shame they don't also supply the 110mm coupling.

I've also read the pipe fittings supplied by Geberit canNOT be solvent welded, so I have to use either a push fit to welded fitting or a pushfit on both sides. Either of the following should do. I believe brown fittings are for use underground and so don't have UV resistance, but this will be fitted in a stud wall that is being built to house the toilet frame, so shouldn't be an issue.

288110.jpg

288112.jpg

Thanks for your help.

The Geberit fitting has ridges that are designed to allow it to be clipped into the frame so it doesn't move when pushing the pan on.

Which is important if you are using the bent connector but not a straight one. A straight one won't move even if not fixed but I understand you might want to use the fittings supplied.

As it happens, I need to get some stuff from Wickes and see they sell the following fittings:

H9504_435224_00

H9504_431967_00

For the push fit fitting, the two 110mm pipes will push into either end and will meet in the middle.

How does the solvent weld version work. Does this push into the pipe, in which case it has a diameter less than 110mm, or does it push OVER the pipe, so the diameter would be larger than 110mm. If it pushes into the pipe and it pushes all the way upto the rim, this would take up very little space and so would be my preferred option. If it pushes over the pipe, I assume there is a stop somewhere inside, so some of this fitting will take up horizontal space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back