people who think we should try to minimise damaging it?
You're extrapolating form a specific to a general, and a different issue altogether- a classic straw man argument to falsely bolster your own position. Dishonest, brainless and pathetic. It never works, it just exposes you as a pointless troll.
Not caring about some books is not appaling, it's just that you have your blinkered self important view of everything.
You need to recognise you're weird, blinkered, and not very bright, can't see a big picture, don't care about someone else's perspective on something, etc etc etc.
My wife died, they're her books. I'm dying, so I don't care about some books. I don't care about a lot of stuff, because I've got the other 99.9% to deal with. If that's not OK by you, then f off, I don't want to hear your drivellings telling me what I "should" do..
They're in the blue bin, or a skip when that's full. Do you go rifling through bins in case there might be
"people who would have liked at least some of them" or
"has life left in it"? Of course you don't. So you don't mean it, do you. There you go, have some bold letters back.
But YOU think it's OK for you to get stupid and offensive about it because you've decided, or are probably pretending, it matters at top priority to you, in your situation, and you think it's your duty to chuck your chosen opinion at everyone. Or just to be a childish arse, which fits better.
No, I was kicked out because of the favoured clique of people there who want it to be an echo-chamber where everyone just nods in agreement with bigotry, ignorance, and hatred, and who will not tolerate opposition to their views being posted.
In your dreams.
There are many opposing views expressed regularly in GD. YOU have a nasty and offensive HABIT.
Not a clique - it's called the rest of the world.
People are entitled to express their considered view relevant to them, without having the same trolling silly person chiming in with some pseudo righteous or childish "point" every single sodding time.
You're like the Mormons. Presumably you want to hear their point of view for debate every time they knock the door.
I smile and shake my head, and they go. Even they don't accuse the world of being a clique. THEY aren't that stupid.
Your apparent religion is even less compatible with the rest of the world. Shove it.
You aren't worth any more time so I'll not be troll-feeding you any more.
I've told you to f off, so that'll get the rest of these posts deleted. Hopefully you with them, again.