general discussion, Rip-Off petrol prices.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When are the oil companies going to realise that there is a limit to how far they can push the public? Oil prices are lower now than 12 Months ago but petrol is now above £1.00 a litre again after creeping up at the rate of a pence a week. Did they think they can get away without it being noticed?

Sponsored Links
I think they wait for me to take the caravan away, same happened last year.
JonB

What I want to know is which idiots put OUR oilfields in such ridiculous places like Iraq and Iran.
They should be sacked immediately and their pensions halved.

Furthermore where can I get one of these oil rig thingys...seems to me it doesnt matter where they put them as soon as they start drilling down the ways BINGO they hit oil every time.
I have a big garden. I want one.

Sponsored Links
Furthermore where can I get one of these oil rig thingys...seems to me it doesnt matter where they put them as soon as they start drilling down the ways BINGO they hit oil every time.
I have a big garden. I want one.

Don't even try it. If you hit the black stuff, before you can say B-52, you'll have a garden full of American soldiers shooting at anything that moves.

Whether we like it or not, the AVERAGE price of petrol will just keep going up and up. :( The reason: We are consuming oil a lot faster than this planet can make it! I'm not one of those doom merchants who predicts the end of civilization as we know it - as per the Mad Max movies - but we will have to make some major adjustments. The ever increasing cost of petrol-based transport is just one of the factors that's pushing us towards a future without fossil fuels. :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS: Does anybody know where I can get some cheap deuterium? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As Spacecat says the stuff will only last so long,But if oil costs are lower than 12 months ago why is petrol so dear? Surely the oil companies are setting the rules and government is scared to take them to task.

most of the cost is tax. there is only a few pence difference either way from the cheapest to the lowest price sellers.

My point is that petrol was around 85p a litre at the start of this year and oil hasnt gone up, so why has petrol? Apart from the oil companies ripping us off.

Just a heads up ..... Total offer 14 days of free breakdown cover when you buy 30 litres of their fuel (or 10 litres for motorbikes)

See their site for details

May be useful for someone

When are the oil companies going to realise that there is a limit to how far they can push the public? Oil prices are lower now than 12 Months ago but petrol is now above £1.00 a litre again after creeping up at the rate of a pence a week. Did they think they can get away without it being noticed?

What do you mean - 'there is a limit to how far they can push the public'??

The British public are muppets. We will winge about it, then pay up. They know we need the stuff, and basically can charge what they like. The public have no control over this.

We need to be more like the French, and start striking and burning stuff. The frogs don't get messed around anything like we do, because their government is scared of them. :evil:

PS: Does anybody know where I can get some cheap deuterium? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you do know that deuterium is just hydrogen don't you?

it's a heavy isotope of hydrogen and is available in seawater... so it's free, you just have to seperate it out from the regular hydrogen..

regular hydrogen has 1 proton and 1 electron
deuterium has 1 proton, 1 neutron and 1 electron.. so the added neutron just adds weight to the atom but it's still hydrogen.

ColJack said:
it's a heavy isotope of hydrogen and is available in seawater... so it's free

Well done that man. I was wondering who would spot that first! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, I realized the mistake almost as soon as I posted it. :oops: :oops: :oops: I was half expecting somebody to post a picture of a water tap.

water%20tap.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back