Generator Honda EM650 are those supposed to be idling if no power requests?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased an Honda EM650 for this week camping. I was told that was a runner but did not start straight away.

Cleaned up carburetor and put everything back.

Started after few pull but seems to be running on same rpm when power is request and when unplugged.

Are those supposed to be idling?

Guess something wrong around the governor linkage or settings.

Sponsored Links
Honda suitcase generators usually return to idle when there isn't any load.......other machines spin at 3000 RPM and the governor mechanism keeps it there.
Brilliant bits of kit!
John :)

John, I will make few photos and video. There must be something wrong there. need to get it running but Thursday

I'll have to wish you luck Jonny - I've a plane and ship to catch the noo!
Hope you can sort it.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Some Honda generators have a switch with a hare and a tortoise on them. When the switch is to the tortoise, it idles slowly and then increases RPM as the load comes on. With it switched to "hare", it runs at constant speed. The latter uses more fuel, but is handy if you have a big electrical load, which would probably stall the engine if you switched it on and it was only idling. Does yours have such a switch?

Some Honda generators have a switch with a hare and a tortoise on them. When the switch is to the tortoise, it idles slowly and then increases RPM as the load comes on. With it switched to "hare", it runs at constant speed. The latter uses more fuel, but is handy if you have a big electrical load, which would probably stall the engine if you switched it on and it was only idling. Does yours have such a switch?

No if not wrong but I can`t see anything like that. There only a lever moving from 50Hz to 60Hz

No if not wrong but I can`t see anything like that. There only a lever moving from 50Hz to 60Hz
Ah, OK, must be a different design. It would be pretty obvious if it had one - they're on the control panel:

1684922861825.png

Sponsored Links
Back