Geofencing, cool or a concern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this isn't a new thing however I only became aware of it recently. Some saying it's a cool thing that brings a number of benefits, some saying it's yet another layer added to the foundation of gaining more central control over our movements. What do you think? I envisage another covid type scenario in the future and our cars saying to us 'For your own safety, this vehicle will only function within zones A, B and C. All other zones are restricted, this is for your safety, have a nice day.'

Sponsored Links
Some smart heating controls have geo fencing, they turn on the heating once you reach x miles from home

I envisage another covid type scenario in the future and our cars saying to us 'For your own safety, this vehicle will only function within zones A, B and C. All other zones are restricted, this is for your safety, have a nice day.'
There have been ways of doing something similar for a long time, if not really geofencing. Governments really could go much further than they do with all sorts of thigs, but generally don't.

Sponsored Links
There have been ways of doing something similar for a long time, if not really geofencing. Governments really could go much further than they do with all sorts of thigs, but generally don't.
Yeah get your point however the main thing behind this thread was how geofencing is being implemented on new cars. My old 2008 Leon can't be powered down remotely ;)

Sponsored Links
Back