Germany vs UK Corona Testing

Not being tested on a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Wednesday, nor any other day with a "Y" in it tells you absolutely nothing whatoever. You don't know how many people were infected last week, nor the week before, nor in February, nor in January, nor today.

We need to know how many people have been infected, even asymptomatically, and recovered, because they are probably a valuable source of immune workers.

And we need to know how many people have been infected, even asymptomatically, and are not yet recovered, because they are a dangerous source of infection and need to be seriously isolated.

The UK's approach is not sensible.

Sponsored Links
Wild life experts?

Moves to shut down Vietnam s live wild animal are just o e step towzrds preventing

The emergence of further virus obal. Pandemics

Countries like Indonesia
Vietnam
China
Cram animals into. Cages which are slaughtered on demand in the market

They create breeding grounds for virus's

These back wRd sh** hole countries are causing havoc with there practices

With the exception of china give em notice to get Civilised sort themselves out or suffer the consequences ;)

Wild life experts?

Moves to shut down Vietnam s live wild animal are just o e step towzrds preventing

The emergence of further virus obal. Pandemics

Countries like Indonesia
Vietnam
China
Cram animals into. Cages which are slaughtered on demand in the market

They create breeding grounds for virus's

These back wRd sh** hole countries are causing havoc with there practices

With the exception of china give em notice to get Civilised sort themselves out or suffer the consequences ;)

One person every 10 minutes is snuffing it in Iran

Dare say the mad mullahs will. Explain it as a conspiracy by the great Satan :LOL: countries

Mean while bomb building continues

They don't need to build bombs now, just hop on the underground or a bus and cough.

Sponsored Links
If you live in a country where things are taken seriously, people are diligent, and buffoons are not elected to high office

You forgot to mention previous form for deceit and falsifying figures. They have diesel engines that pump out no pollutants whatsoever.

Not being tested on a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Wednesday, nor any other day with a "Y" in it tells you absolutely nothing whatoever. You don't know how many people were infected last week, nor the week before, nor in February, nor in January, nor today.

We need to know how many people have been infected, even asymptomatically, and recovered, because they are probably a valuable source of immune workers.

And we need to know how many people have been infected, even asymptomatically, and are not yet recovered, because they are a dangerous source of infection and need to be seriously isolated.

The UK's approach is not sensible.

So, what are your epidemiological qualifications? I'd hazard a guess at zero.

...across the globe.

The Americans have just tested a new hyper super sonic missile

5 times the speed of sound ;)

The mad mullahs my need to keep. There plimsolls handy ready to. Do a runner :)

So, what are your epidemiological qualifications? I'd hazard a guess at zero.

Let me check.

Tell me what qualifications are necessary to evaluate my statement:

"Not being tested on a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Wednesday, nor any other day with a "Y" in it tells you absolutely nothing whatoever. You don't know how many people were infected last week, nor the week before, nor in February, nor in January, nor today."

Do you consider yourself unqualified to judge if it is true?

Let me check.

Tell me what qualifications are necessary to evaluate my statement:

"Not being tested on a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Wednesday, nor any other day with a "Y" in it tells you absolutely nothing whatoever. You don't know how many people were infected last week, nor the week before, nor in February, nor in January, nor today."

Do you consider yourself unqualified to judge if it is true?

He has a point because it takes days to get a test result so some one is tested and they find they hadn't got it they may have just caught it. The only answer to that would be many millions of tests at home / some way of getting instant results. So they do after a fashion - test when some one has sufficient symptoms to need to go to hospital. There are holes in that though. Test still takes time so leaves me wondering how they get round that. I assume symptoms have to be severe to get and stay there. If not from one report people just get sent home to isolate. If people do think they have it they will want to get themselves into hospital even if they turn out to be a no problem recoverer.

When I nosed about on the web I found a bar graph video showing numbers infected over time. Some countries disappeared out of the top 10 and others replaced them. A noticeable country that went off it quickly was Singapore. One problem population 1/10 of ours but it looked to shrink. They introduced a web page for people to register self isolation almost immediately. Sounds useful to me because that would give a count of people who thought they had it which in my view is better than nothing. Maybe Singapore told the gov it was a waste of time.

How it spread has an indication of how infectuous it is. Initially they tracked contacts of those that had it. Obviously missed a few, might just be some one walked past a contact just as they coughed or going on all of the spraying touched something that an infected person had touched. ;) It's been suggested we should wash our groceries.

Really the biggest criticism of how all countries handled it is lack of lock down variations. The USA seems to have had that with bells on but in real terms not much different to many others. Lock downs are tricky. We need to eat. Some will take no notice of voluntary ones. Trying to keep people in work though when the economy is bound to take a hit? Leaves me wondering why it has taken so long to get where we currently are because the current situation is inevitable and going on other countries will need stronger enforcement.

I'm not a happy bunny. Supposed to self isolate for 3 months. I find it hard to believe given capabilities that after 3 months I will be able to live normally without catching it. That assumes I can self isolate for 3 months. China seems to have controlled it in a similar period and I'd suspect others that can match what they did would also manage it.

I'm fed up with the blame game too. Pots calling kettles black. Anyone that looked would find that they are still unsure about where the virus came from. People like Trump are bad news but all politicians want to find something to blame. The EU is an example as well. In real terms nothing what so ever to do with changes that have happened in the UK over a number of years.

Sponsored Links
Back