Germanys Plan to save the Euro

L

Lincsbodger

Goes like this:

1. Over-borrowed countries such as Spain or Greece should in extremis leave the euro.

2. Governments which flout the rules to keep budget deficits low should pay enormous fines and lose voting rights in all EU matters for 12 months.

3. Countries such as Germany which have trade surpluses should not be compelled to do anything.

Europeans, in short, need to become more German and if they don't, they should leave the EU.

Suits me, i dont want to be german.

Sponsored Links
Remind me again. Which country lost WWll?

All seems a bit high handed really, especially in the context of the EU being drawn up post WW1 partly to limit the likelihood of aggression between countries in the European continent - with one in particular having a bit of a history of this sort of behaviour.

It fills me with glee that the EU project will eventually fail. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It fills me with glee that the EU project will eventually fail. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Trouble is, if history is anything to go by, "we" will all be at loggerheads once again and having military conflicts all over the shop.

The current and proposed design of it has too many flaws in it for it to remain viable, and a separation needs to take place before a major ovehaul. A bit like any complex "love affair" - space is needed.

If we had a trade surplus we'd be saying the same thing. Sadly we've got the biggest deficit in the EU. Being jealous of the Germans gets us nowhere.

All part of the German Master plan to dominate Europe again. WW3 scenario?

The worrying thing is that the Euro has major problems, but the pound is still really weak against the Euro.

Worldwide confidence in the Pound must be at an all time low, if its only worth 1.12 Euros.

All part of the German Master plan to dominate Europe again. WW3 scenario?

We're bust - lets go with them this time around.

Our net contribution £4.1 billion at present rising to 6.4 next year. (due to bliars abolishment of the rebate as he was vying for the presidency of the eu)
Peanuts you might say but it could be more like 100-150 billion if you take into consideration the massive burecratic and legislation cost heaped unto us.

Some estimates (Sinn Fein) put Irelands fishing lost to the eu at a staggering 100-120 billion and recieved a paltry 65 billion in return since ascension.
How much has the UK lost? Hundreds of billions????

Remind me again. Why are we in the eu.....
OOh yes we would at war otherwise.
Well it would be a damn sight easier fighting france or germany than the peaceful peoples of Iraq's or Afghanistan and inflaming the entire Muslim world against us IMO..
The froggies and the krauts are sitting back laughing their heads off at us. :evil:

There is something quite disagreeable about being forced to live with someone that you don't really like, and knowing furthermore that your housemates are taking the michael and nicking all your clothes. Especially when you know that the only reason you have to live there is that if you move out, they will either start ganging up on you even further, or start hitting each other over the head until you have to go back in and break it up again.

Sponsored Links
Back