Getting a Loan

Not you, chainsaw_masochist! :rolleyes:

diyicant have you actually seen your credit score on Experian, have you spoken with them and asked why its so bad, have you asked if you can get some things wiped from your history, are you on the electoral register? Getting rejections for more loans just appears to other lenders as being desperate (ie financially unsound) which is why it reduces your score even more. Do you have a mobile or a landline? Do you pay your bills by DD, all these things can count against you, any CCJ's etc etc?

You need to take stock and get a grip of this before you end up completely fecked. There is tons on Google if you just do a little research.

Sponsored Links
Not you, chainsaw_masochist! :rolleyes:

diyicant have you actually seen your credit score on Experian, have you spoken with them and asked why its so bad, have you asked if you can get some things wiped from your history, are you on the electoral register? Getting rejections for more loans just appears to other lenders as being desperate (ie financially unsound) which is why it reduces your score even more. Do you have a mobile or a landline? Do you pay your bills by DD, all these things can count against you, any CCJ's etc etc?

You need to take stock and get a grip of this before you end up completely fecked. There is tons on Google if you just do a little research.

Yes, I will contact them. No not at my current address (form filed out) mobile and landline? yes i pay by dd.

diyicant:

Anybody know how it is possible to obtain a credit reference without going via Experian/Equifax?
Are you a debt dodger?

No, far from it. No outstanding mortgages or debt of any kind. I do occasionally bend the Barclaycard though when making a web purchase, but this is always settled imminently as a matter of policy. What I do possess, however, is a profound resentment for a fraternity of irksome little türds in polyester suits (generally called Darren) telling me why I should be paying them to provide me with information that should be available FOC from my ****ing bank.:evil:

Or, as an alternate view:

i have signed up yes.
Do you honestly believe Experian is there to help you realise why, say, Curries turned you down for HP on a 4 pack of Duracells? No, they are there to sell your details on to any and everybody who'll give them 10p (guess).

Experian are pishing themselves! You pay to see if you are clean. As soon as you contact they sell your details on to every mother and his dog who has a couple of heavies to make your life a misery.

Hmm yes so he said but as mentioned if you're not a debt dodger you have nothing to fear and sometimes you need to find out your rating and whilst you can moan about it and people called Darren if you need to know you don't have a choice or do you possess a magic power unbeknownst by the rest of us?

Sponsored Links
It's simply going back to like it was before the party time of the last twenty years. Everybody thinks they have the right to borrow money, the right not to wait to have their hip replaced, the right to spare bedrooms in their house, the right to have this that and the other. Generally paid for or underwritten by somebody else.

We all have to accept that we have to live within our means, and that means not borrow money like we used to. If you can afford the repayments then pay off existing debt or put it in a piggy bank. You will desparately need those savings in the years to come.

Hmm... I was thinking that. I recently moved out of my parents and into my first property December of 2012..??

Maybe the banks aren't 100% certain how you'll cope paying the mortgage and other bills if you've only had it a couple of months. They'll be even more dubious if you didn't have any serious savings while staying with parents. Ie when your monthly outgo was drastically less than now (in their eyes anyway). Not being on the electoral register will make a huge difference too.

It's simply going back to like it was before the party time of the last twenty years. Everybody thinks they have the right to borrow money, the right not to wait to have their hip replaced, the right to spare bedrooms in their house, the right to have this that and the other. Generally paid for or underwritten by somebody else.

We all have to accept that we have to live within our means, and that means not borrow money like we used to. If you can afford the repayments then pay off existing debt or put it in a piggy bank. You will desparately need those savings in the years to come.
I strongly disagree with you :evil: It`s the last 30 years :mrgreen:

freddymercurystwin said:
Hmm yes so he said but as mentioned if you're not a debt dodger you have nothing to fear
What, nothing to fear but assorted shįtheads passing personal details to every other fifth-rate third party? Right, I get it. :rolleyes:

freddymercurystwin said:
and sometimes you need to find out your rating and whilst you can moan about it and people called Darren if you need to know you don't have a choice
Inevitably, it would appear.

freddymercurystwin said:
…or do you possess a magic power unbeknownst by the rest of us?
If I was gifted with such I wouldn’t be asking the question in the first place, would I? :rolleyes:

Cos they don't think you will pay it back!!!

Anyway, for a laugh, go here and enter your postcode.

http://www.checkmyfile.com/postcode-check/SW1A-1AA.htm

That one is Buckingham Palace, you can put your own in the box.

Buckingham Palace scored 909 out of 1000.

Bloody hell!! 56!!!! Who can beat that????

I blame Mr. Cheung, Mr. Lev and A.N.Other who were all students at Durham University and have lived here during the 26 years my partner has had this council house.

Which none of them have. I might not have had a university education but even I can see that someone is pulling a fast one!!

What, nothing to fear but assorted shįtheads passing personal details to every other fifth-rate third party?
You could always wrte to them and pay your £2 and get your report though think they will release it to you online anyway.

I guess its lucky the big 3 don't already have all your information at their fingertips already isn't it! Oh wait .....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

freddymercurystwin said:
You could always wrte to them and pay your £2 and get your report though think they will release it to you online anyway.
Looks like it's the only way to go. :confused:

freddymercurystwin said:
I guess its lucky the big 3 don't already have all your information at their fingertips already isn't it! Oh wait .....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Exactly. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back