Getting hardened stuff off hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using hob brite and metal scraper to get this hardened carbon stuff off hob. It's been there three years. Am I correct to rub hob brite on then scrape it all off? Taking ages. I've scratched glass a bit, is that a problem?
15709049739448741434984827686816.jpg

Sponsored Links
Here we go again................................have you tried reading the bottle?

Or even cleaning more regularly than every 3 years? :eek::eek::eek:

Andy

Sponsored Links
15709540739017920486983407866344.jpg
Use oven cleaner on it

Use this on it (on pic)? I think oven price in pic is more for the insides though.

Or just change blade on scraper and keep scraping perhaps. I just thought oven brite would have broken this carbon stuff out more easily without a need for hours using metal scraper

The scraper will leave scratches everywhere! Try a bit of oven cleaner on one patch and see if it works...

The scraper will leave scratches everywhere! Try a bit of oven cleaner on one patch and see if it works...
It didn't work. I got fed up and used boiling water with metal scraper. I've heard of other people using them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back